Thread: Ricoh 5100s Pro

Technician

Ricoh 5100s Pro

I'm about to purchase another Ricoh as mine shorted. Can anyone tell me the service life of this machine. In the past I've been unable to get parts due to the copier being out of it's service life. Any techs see a bulletin out there. Can I get a few good years before they stop making parts?

thanks in advance
    L

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 5100s Pro

5 years or 6.5m I think the volume life is on the 5100. Parts are still available and will be for a while yet, the Pro 5210 and 5310 share a good chunk of parts with it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100s Pro

I am going to assume you are talking about the Pro C5100. The C5100 was introduced June 01, 2013. That means it is just now coming up on the end of the 8 year guaranteed service support date. That generally means that new bulletins and firmware updates will no longer be issued but help desk support will still be rendered. Guaranteed parts availability is usually 10 years. So unique parts or parts common with older models will still be available for at least another 2 years.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am going to assume you are talking about the Pro C5100. The C5100 was introduced June 01, 2013. That means it is just now coming up on the end of the 8 year guaranteed service support date. That generally means that new bulletins and firmware updates will no longer be issued but help desk support will still be rendered. Guaranteed parts availability is usually 10 years. So unique parts or parts common with older models will still be available for at least another 2 years.
    Thanks Slimbob. Is there a ProC5100s and a C5100 or are they both the same machines?

L

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100s Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leonardcahill View Post
    Thanks Slimbob. Is there a ProC5100s and a C5100 or are they both the same machines?

L
    Shorthand within a post. You drop the Pro or MP.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100s Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leonardcahill View Post
    I'm about to purchase another Ricoh as mine shorted. Can anyone tell me the service life of this machine. In the past I've been unable to get parts due to the copier being out of it's service life. Any techs see a bulletin out there. Can I get a few good years before they stop making parts?

thanks in advance
    L
    Pro C5100s good machines you have no problems with parts and bulletins and firmware as they still sell the chairs series
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com