Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

IM 350F User Tools classic view

We have been routinely switching the User Tools (Settings) screen from Ricoh's new version back to the "classic" view on all of the new IM series of copiers. However, we have not found how to do this with the IM 350F & 430F/Fb copiers. We can see it for a moment when doing the out-of-box initialization process, but the display soon displays that it is changing screens and goes into the new mode. Anyone know the secret?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: IM 350F User Tools classic view

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    We have been routinely switching the User Tools (Settings) screen from Ricoh's new version back to the "classic" view on all of the new IM series of copiers. However, we have not found how to do this with the IM 350F & 430F/Fb copiers. We can see it for a moment when doing the out-of-box initialization process, but the display soon displays that it is changing screens and goes into the new mode. Anyone know the secret?

Have a look at the ACT settings (Always current technology)

Ricoh ACT.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Ignore this post! I will repost a request for assistance once I get my head out of my ass...(I referenced the wrong model.) Also, thanks to all who resisted calling me a dumbass...you know who you are.

I just setup two IMC 300's earlier, updated firmware package, then went through loads of menus in User Tools to try and switch back to 'classic' as I hate the new slower version. Could not find it anywhere, just ended up doing setup using the new version of it on both of them. I go out of way my to turn off all auto updates from ricoh, firmware or act related. All it has done in the past is cause me problems with customers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    I just setup two IMC 300's earlier, updated firmware package, then went through loads of menus in User Tools to try and switch back to 'classic' as I hate the new slower version. Could not find it anywhere, just ended up doing setup using the new version of it on both of them. I go out of way my to turn off all auto updates from ricoh, firmware or act related. All it has done in the past is cause me problems with customers.
    I go out of my way to turn on Auto Remote Firmware Update on every machine I get my hands on, I've never had a problem with it. What kind of problems do you have with it?

I had some machines at a customer, with equitrac and e-copy and suddenly they started having loads of software faults, fax button wasn't appearing on the screen, it got stuck on loading screen etc
    After going through a load of hassle with ricoh it turned out, auto update was on, firmware had upgraded to a buggy version that if they had equitrac and fax installed it caused the exact problems they were having. I had to go out, down grade firmware on them to a 'more stable version' as ricoh put it. Wait for them to set some stuff back up then test them all to make sure it worked. I have literally turned it off at every opportunity since then so the engineers do it (as we always have done for years anyway) Plus the whole, it just updating to new versions of screens when it wants to without the customer understanding what is going on, it isn't for me.
    I've got along fine for 10 years updating firmware via sd card and i'll continue to do so until they remove that option completely

THIS. THIS. THIS was my intent in starting this thread. Does anyone know how to set these machines to the original User Tools interface? It IS there. Ricoh just doesn't give access to it as they do with other IM series machines. (Thanks to JayPaul)

Wish I could help you there. I have found it on machines before and switched it back to 'classic view' but I don't know if they have got rid of that option on some machines already or if there is something specific you have to do to find it now. I created an admin auth account and logged in as that but still didn't find it. It would be weird if they added it into service mode as a 0 1 bit switch or something. If I found out, i'll write it in here

As an update, I don't think the smaller machines have the classic view option currently. I have switched it to classic on both IMC 2000 and IMC 3000 by going into User Tools, Admin settings- Auth/Charge then scroll to the bottom and it has Switch screen view and that is where you set it to classic. It then restarts itself and goes to classic, if for some reason you wanted to switch it back from classic to new go to User Tools, System settings, Admin Tools - Scroll down to page 6 and again it has Switch screen view.
    Sorry that's not much help to your actual problem though

As an update, I don't think the smaller machines have the classic view option currently. I have switched it to classic on both IMC 2000 and IMC 3000 by going into User Tools, Admin settings- Auth/Charge then scroll to the bottom and it has Switch screen view and that is where you set it to classic. It then restarts itself and goes to classic, if for some reason you wanted to switch it back from classic to new go to User Tools, System settings, Admin Tools - Scroll down to page 6 and again it has Switch screen view.
    Sorry that's not much help to your actual problem though
    Thanks for the follow-up. Yes. It is the IM C300/400 machines that I have not found a way to set the classic user tools on. They too will flash the classic screen then within a second or two, go into a screen reset and finally display the new version. There is however, no Screen Change in the menu.