Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Exclamation Nozzle Clogging in GTP RI2000

DEAR SIR

HAVE AGOOD DAY
    I have a problem with the RINTER DTG RI2000 printer, the printer was installed new two months ago, after a while, it was found that there was a cut line when working in the white print head, and there was a blockage in the print head ...A daily and weekly maintenance was made, but the problem was not resolved ... The cleaning fluid was requested, and the problem was not solved, so is there a program or process that must be done when applying the cleaning fluid

best regards

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Nozzle Clogging in GTP RI2000

Re: Nozzle Clogging in GTP RI2000

Sounds to me like automatic maintenance routines were not being carried properly. After 2 months a daily and weekly maintenance is not enough. By now you will have to replace the nozzle assembly. From the Owners Manual:
    ATTENTION! Auto maintenance will be not be perform if the following conditions occur. Failure to perform Auto maintenance can result in a clogged print head. These conditions need to be cleared ASAP so auto maintenance can be performed.
    Printer is powered off. (Always keep the printer powered on unless it has been flushed with cleaning fluid)
    Ink cartridge is missing or reading 0%
    Waste tank is full
    CR encoder error and other errors
    Any Service call message (see trouble shooting guide) - message bar at the top of the screen will be red
    Front cover is open
    The ink bay has been opened for maintenance
    If the auto maintenance is not being performed, then the print heads can be clogged.
    IF Auto maintenance is prevented from happening for any reason the following message will appear
    My guess is that the printer was turned off every night or at least every weekend without being flushed with cleaning fluid first.Cleaning fluid is to clear the tubes and nozzles before they clog, not after

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds to me like automatic maintenance routines were not being carried properly. After 2 months a daily and weekly maintenance is not enough. By now you will have to replace the nozzle assembly. From the Owners Manual:
    ATTENTION! Auto maintenance will be not be perform if the following conditions occur. Failure to perform Auto maintenance can result in a clogged print head. These conditions need to be cleared ASAP so auto maintenance can be performed.
    Printer is powered off. (Always keep the printer powered on unless it has been flushed with cleaning fluid)
    Waste tank is full
    Any Service call message (see trouble shooting guide) - message bar at the top of the screen will be red
    Front cover is open
    If the auto maintenance is not being performed, then the print heads can be clogged.
    IF Auto maintenance is prevented from happening for any reason the following message will appear
    My guess is that the printer was turned off every night or at least every weekend without being flushed with cleaning fluid first.Cleaning fluid is to clear the tubes and nozzles before they clog, not after
    Clogged ports are a common thing on ALL ink based life forms.
    Under usage is the contributing factor on ink based units... all across the brands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Clogged ports are a common thing on ALL ink based life forms.
    Under usage is the contributing factor on ink based units... all across the brands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That is the reason for allowing auto maintenance to run as often as possible.
    Below is a list of maintenance procedures and frequency for those that are time based.
    Every 1 hour
    Automatic White ink circulation
    Every 3 hours
    Automatic White channel cleaning
    Every 12 hours
    Automatic All channel cleaning
    Alarm agitating white cartridge
    Every 3 days
    Alarm White jig clean, Alarm manual maintenance, clean white maintenance unit manually
    Every 10 days
    Alarm Color jig clean, Alarm manual maintenance. clean color maintenance unit
    Obviously the white ink cannot go long periods non usage, only hours not days. No wonder en. has so many red cards. He can't even train customers on what is in the Operator Manual. Either that or he is an end user who doesn't bother checking his Operator Manual. It took me all of 2 seconds to find it online.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Waste tank is full
    Front cover is open

Sorry, it seems that I was not able to communicate the problem correctly.. The printer is new two months ago, it was sold... and it was not left without work for two months.. On the contrary, the customer performs daily and weekly maintenance..but the customer discovered a white cutout and a blockage in the head printing ..

My question is: Can I open the print head and clean it without replacing

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by en. View Post
    Sorry, it seems that I was not able to communicate the problem correctly.. The printer is new two months ago, it was sold... and it was not left without work for two months.. On the contrary, the customer performs daily and weekly maintenance..but the customer discovered a white cutout and a blockage in the head printing ..

My question is: Can I open the print head and clean it without replacing
    Was or was not the printer turned off over night or on weekends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Was or was not the printer turned off over night or on weekends.

and the solution is??

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

and the solution is??
    from what Slim laid our for you if they turn it off it doesn't do the hourly CLEANING of the print head

"Printer is powered off. (Always keep the printer powered on unless it has been flushed with cleaning fluid)"

any ink based machines I have worked on ie Epson .. brother ... HP you can't disassemble the print head

are you a trained tech on these units?

do you have the manual?

did you sell them the unit?

if yes to all of the above you have failed your customer for not telling them how to properly maintain the unit.

I never left the customer hanging by not going thru all the steps for properly maintaining the unit.

Is the unit close to a window or an AC vent? that will cause the printhead to dry out faster (all covered in the service manual)

you need to be proactive not reactive with ink based machines

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

DEAR SIR

HAVE AGOOD DAY
    I have a problem with the RINTER DTG RI2000 printer, the printer was installed new two months ago, after a while, it was found that there was a cut line when working in the white print head, and there was a blockage in the print head ...A daily and weekly maintenance was made, but the problem was not resolved ... The cleaning fluid was requested, and the problem was not solved, so is there a program or process that must be done when applying the cleaning fluid

best regards

hi, look, i don't know that model, but i can give you two tips about inkjet machines:
    1) especially the professional ones, once the inert liquid has been freed and the ink passed, the customer must NEVER TURN OFF, because the machine occasionally starts a head cleaning routine by itself, insist on this, maybe do put a sign near the switch

2) you can try to clean it like this, with a clean rag and alcohol or chante claire, which dissolves the ink, the machine is not the same, but the concept yes...it generally works if not too clogged

Ricoh MPCW2201 Manual cleaning for unlock head clogged After lockdown - YouTube