Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

SC 362 - No developer in the all development units (IMC 2500)

Guys, what is the cause when all development units has no developer inside. Is it because the life of the development unit is reached already? Have you encountered this kind of problem?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: SC 362 - No developer in the all development units (IMC 2500)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    Guys, what is the cause when all development units has no developer inside. Is it because the life of the development unit is reached already? Have you encountered this kind of problem?
    While I have exactly ZERO experience with these models, allow me still to be the first to guess that No one has ever seen this before.

I mean let's think about it this for just a second, and see if it makes any sense ......All Dev units becoming empty at the exact same time before there is ever an SC code Displayed? No chance!

Please provide some background on what led to this, because there is no way the machine was just working perfectly fine until WHAMMO! This happens!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    While I have exactly ZERO experience with these models, allow me still to be the first to guess that No one has ever seen this before.

I mean let's think about it this for just a second, and see if it makes any sense ......All Dev units becoming empty at the exact same time before there is ever an SC code Displayed? No chance!

Please provide some background on what led to this, because there is no way the machine was just working perfectly fine until WHAMMO! This happens!
    Lightning strike or some other cause of a major line spike that took out a couple thousand dollars worth of boards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post

Yes, you are correct. The development units are all empty. The machine is having an error SC 362-04 so we checked all the PCDU to make sure there is no other problem. To our surprise, all developments are empty. Their office is using generator. counter reading: BW-51675 ,color-190706.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Their office is using generator. counter reading: BW-51675 ,color-190706.
    And I will bet that you don't have any type of power protection installed.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

leaving aside the discourse that powering complex electronic devices such as a photocopier with a generator, is the worst thing that can be done.

maybe the customer ignorantly emptied them (?) it happened to us

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like to me if all are completely empty the customer has done it. As easy to remove units
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

I remember a service call for waste toner..... it's a per call customer don't want to pay the service charge so IT person dumped all of it.... next call is SC 36*. i hope not same story with this. cheers.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alabuabutuglak View Post
    And why do you need developers so urgently? In theory they are ment to work on both e-commerce systems and any other app dev. that you can work with as they would you at the workshop. But practically I recommend you to visit website and bookmark their contacts just like I did. In case you will need to add some marketing features or check the code of your new shop. Something like this.
    SPAMMER

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The developer units don't empty and or become empty at the end of their "life" I don't know of a machine that when it is end of life you pull the unit and it is empty. I am assuming that some voltage issue caused the machine to pull the developer out of the machine. Has the machine filled more than normal waste toner containers?