Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh MP4054 SC866-00

We were refurbishing copier and the third party java software didn't get uninstall properly. It came up with a fault code for java. We use user tools in admin tools erase memory and it wipe out memory on copier. We had to re input information and everything was fine. Customer was using windows 7 then change to windows 10 and scan stop working. I update firmware now getting this code sc866-00 and display also saying module authentication has fail OPT20.mod. Copier all the functions are working just has this code on it now.

Has any ran into this and what is needed to fix problem. thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP4054 SC866-00

look on the web looks like i need to get a sd card with java for copier. Is there a way to turn java off so it wont look for it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP4054 SC866-00

Re: Ricoh MP4054 SC866-00

SC866 is a SD card authentication error. Is there a card loaded in the machine? Remove it if there is one.
    "Module authentication failed" means that a firmware module failed to load, and I'm sorry to say, but there is no way of recovering it, unless you replace or "repair" the controller (send it in and have them reload all the modules on it.
    If I remember correctly the OPT20 module has something to do with "Printer" firmware or "PCL" firmware, so you might have issues going forward when printing to the machine.
    You can disable Java in SP mode. SP 5-730-001 to "0" (Off).
    Omertà