Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

SPDF D683 on MPC5503 J001 Jam at P after detecting blank page

MPC5503 with SPDF D683 with the latest firmware on machine and feeder will almost consistently display a jam after the last page is fed and a blank page is detected.

This was intermittent before today and would jam (same code J001) even without detecting any blank pages. We resolved that by bending the frame where the sensor for the pickup roller is mounted towards the front to minimize the gap between the pickup assembly and the sensor. Now as long as all pages have something on them, it will feed all day.

Now if I turn the last page over in a set of 3 or more pages, all pages will feed completely through, then it displays a warning about some pages being "near blank", then throws the jam.
    There seems to be some connection between blank page detection and timing causing the "Jam at P"

Any thoughts?

add'l info:
    If I turn off blank page detect, this does not happen at all.
    Last edited by mlandry71; 06-04-2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: additional info added

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SPDF D683 on MPC5503 J001 Jam at P after detecting blank page

Re: SPDF D683 on MPC5503 J001 Jam at P after detecting blank page

Quote Originally Posted by mlandry71 View Post
    MPC5503 with SPDF D683 with the latest firmware on machine and feeder will almost consistently display a jam after the last page is fed and a blank page is detected.

This was intermittent before today and would jam (same code J001) even without detecting any blank pages. We resolved that by bending the frame where the sensor for the pickup roller is mounted towards the front to minimize the gap between the pickup assembly and the sensor. Now as long as all pages have something on them, it will feed all day.

Now if I turn the last page over in a set of 3 or more pages, all pages will feed completely through, then it displays a warning about some pages being "near blank", then throws the jam.
    There seems to be some connection between blank page detection and timing causing the "Jam at P"

Any thoughts?

add'l info:
    If I turn off blank page detect, this does not happen at all.
    have you performed a complete maintenance of the ardf, cleaning all optical sensors?? New rubber rollers?