Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IM C2000... SC204

First, check the power like Slim suggested.

Secondly the fact that it bombs a 204 and then resets itself could be an indication that you have a poor ground on the door frame and/or high voltage leak in the door someplace if you are not eating voltage spikes from the line voltage. You might also have a issue with the ground on the outlet as well. Older models had an issue that the ground wire between the door and the frame would break at some point. While this machine is likely too new to have that as an issue, it would not hurt to make sure something isn't pinching, etc.

I don't know that I have ever seen a 204 actually be a laser issue. Plenty of times it was a power issue or something not right on the door.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stuuk View Post
    I have a machine (IM C2000) that randomly (and Frequently) generates Sc204 errors (Polygon motor error) and then restarts, then carries on working i've followed the manual, replaced the polygon motor, checked laser unit connectors, BICU connectors, cleaned and inspected PTR unit and its still doing it. i will be returning with a harness from the BICU to the laser unit.
    Any insight or advice will be appreciated thanks
    Where is this machine located? "In the middle of nowhere"
    Or they use very powerfull machines?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    IM C2000... SC204

Quote Originally Posted by stuuk View Post
    I have a machine (IM C2000) that randomly (and Frequently) generates Sc204 errors (Polygon motor error) and then restarts, then carries on working i've followed the manual, replaced the polygon motor, checked laser unit connectors, BICU connectors, cleaned and inspected PTR unit and its still doing it. i will be returning with a harness from the BICU to the laser unit.
    Any insight or advice will be appreciated thanks
    There's a common problem on this check ptr earth spring and ITB cleaning unit earth spring
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com