Hard Drive on Lanier LD055

We have recently replaced our Lanier LD055 with a newer Ricoh machine. The original Lanier paperwork states there may be a hard drive in the machine, but after removing the back cover, and a couple of side covers, I have yet to locate it. Does anybody know the drive location? Once I am confident with its location, I can take what I need out of the way to get to it, as they want it formatted before we send off to be used elsewhere.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: Hard Drive on Lanier LD055

Quote Originally Posted by rab62184 View Post
    We have recently replaced our Lanier LD055 with a newer Ricoh machine. The original Lanier paperwork states there may be a hard drive in the machine, but after removing the back cover, and a couple of side covers, I have yet to locate it. Does anybody know the drive location? Once I am confident with its location, I can take what I need out of the way to get to it, as they want it formatted before we send off to be used elsewhere.
    RTFM...it's in there.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Locate the controller, the PCB with the ethernet port, the hard drive will connected to the controller. If it's not mounted on the controller, it's somewhere on the back of the machine.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

This is for a Ricoh 1060, which I think should be about the same. Old machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Locate the controller, the PCB with the ethernet port, the hard drive will connected to the controller. If it's not mounted on the controller, it's somewhere on the back of the machine.
    Absolutely. Good advice. HDD must be connected somehow to main board. It's like any PC.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rab62184 View Post
    The hard drive is behind the top right side cover not on the back of machine
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Absolutely. Good advice. HDD must be connected somehow to main board. It's like any PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    The hard drive is behind the top right side cover not on the back of machine
    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Hope this helps
    The LD055 is product code D098 the same as the Aficio 1055. It is a slightly improved version of the Aficio 551 and can be found iv the same service manual, A293. The HDD connects to the BICU which is located in the right end of the scanner assembly. The laser unit, CCD on lens block assembly and the control connect to it as well. That series does not have Disk Overwrite so the HDD does need to be remove and handed to the customer.