Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh MP C305

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

Ricoh MP C305

Has anyone had any problems printing from Dentrix software? My customer is having problems not wanting to print duplexed prints. Everything, (settings) seem to have the duplex turned off.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

Re: Ricoh MP C305

Quote Originally Posted by thurmmy View Post
    Has anyone had any problems printing from Dentrix software? My customer is having problems not wanting to print duplexed prints. Everything, (settings) seem to have the duplex turned off.

What have you tried so far?

• Update the firmware (all modules)
    • Update the driver or try another PCL 6 recommended.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

The firmware is all up to date and I had their IT person change drivers. I have not heard back from them yet. We did send the dentrix documents to another printer, MP C300, and that did go thru without a problem. We then changed the driver to the same as that. We shall see what happens and I will let you all know the results. Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

Quick question, is it that the customer wants to print duplex and the C305 won't do so? If that is the then it is in user tools. Duplex printing is turned off for all trays or at least the tray they want to use. Change the setting for "Apply 2-sided" in [System Settings] to enable duplex printing for the paper tray. For details
    about setting "Apply 2-sided", see "Tray Paper Settings", Connecting the Machine/ System Settings

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

No Slimslb, actually it is the opposite. Dentrix wants to duplex and even though all my setting are set to duplex off it still wants to duplex. The devise goes into error and I have to go to printer select tray 1, the only one, then press form feed and then it asks if you really want to cancel duplex mode. I may hve those steps wrong a bit but that is the jist of it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

Quote Originally Posted by thurmmy View Post
    No Slimslb, actually it is the opposite. Dentrix wants to duplex and even though all my setting are set to duplex off it still wants to duplex. The devise goes into error and I have to go to printer select tray 1, the only one, then press form feed and then it asks if you really want to cancel duplex mode. I may hve those steps wrong a bit but that is the jist of it.
    So the customer does not want duplex but the Dentrix software keeps trying to duplex. That sounds like it is in Dentrix's court. Time to have the customer schedule a support call with Dentrix at time when you can be there to talk to them. Or the real problem that the customer does not have support contract with Dentrix?

Maybe the customer might be better off with a different software. My dentist has used Patterson Eaglesoft. It does appears to do everything that Dentrix can do. It also interfaces with VOIP phone systems allowing each workstation computer to be associated with a specific extension so that patients can be dialed by the software and when incoming patient calls are answered the called ID takes the person answering directly to the patient or patient family associated with that number. It is a client-server based system and they have specific hardware and OS requirements but work with any printer. https://www.pattersondental.com/cp/S...are/Eaglesoft#

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I agree, customer can try and forbid 2-sided copy/print via user tools - but that's just a quick&dirty workaround attempt, everything else is not part of our end. Many applications can override driver settings, like MS office likes to mess around with tray settings.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C305

Still not resolved.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

In Dentrix.... File, Setup Printer or something like that.
    You have to not only set the default printers for the software but also the defaults for the modules within the software. Labels print to label printer, prescription to Rx printer, etc...
    We have a pediatric dentist at the end of our street we manage IT and copiers for who use Dentrix software

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

If you’re feeling particularly geeky, perform a card save. You’ll need an SD card and to flip a few 0s to 1s in Printer SP, but it’s easy to do.

Send a job, and open the file on your PC.

You will quickly see if duplex is enabled by examining the output.

But I agree with Motorola, it really sounds like he has a handle on it, and the setting is in the app.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins