Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Next generation MP 301

Hey all, if you've read any of my old stuff you know I'm usually behind on the latest models as I stick to refurbished equipment over new.

I have gone from ricoh mp 1515, to 161,171,201,301 and now I'm asking where to go next. I like these units: toner yield/price, footprint, etc....

Wasn't sure if I should look at the 401 or not, looked to me like a different lineup and all i could find as a replacement for the 301 was the IM 350. Is there something before this machine?

Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Next generation MP 301

Re: Next generation MP 301

Let's see. If you go to ricoh-usa, click on drivers and software under Support and Downloads. From that screen select Printers and copiers for category and for Sub category select Multifunction printers/copiers. Models will then give a full list that you can scroll through. It appears that for entry level models after the MP 301SPF you have an MP 401SPF, MP 402SPF, MP 501SPF and an MP 601SPF so take your pick.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Let's see. If you go to ricoh-usa, click on drivers and software under Support and Downloads. From that screen select Printers and copiers for category and for Sub category select Multifunction printers/copiers. Models will then give a full list that you can scroll through. It appears that for entry level models after the MP 301SPF you have an MP 401SPF, MP 402SPF, MP 501SPF and an MP 601SPF so take your pick.
    Thank you Slim that's exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciate it.

You know I have to ask... What's your take on the 401?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Next generation MP 301

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Thank you Slim that's exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciate it.

You know I have to ask... What's your take on the 401?
    I avoid entry level models. Not enough money to make them worthwhile. But I understand that they have modified the development unit to prevent premature failures

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Typically, these entry-level models struggle with enabling solutions, such as GlobalScan and the like.

They (meaning any of the “A4” or “tabletop” machines) just don’t seem to have enough oomph to support any additional software.

I once had a customer with a fleet of MP C4503s and MP C305s, and all we’re running Streamline.

Almost no issues with the 4503s, and boatloads of problems with the 305s, including (but not limited to) failure to install correctly, Java issues, and more SC-899 codes than you could count.

I realize that most customers don’t run any of these softwares, but when they do, it’s no picnic with the smaller machines.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Used to love the LD015 and 16 machines since I knew that after install, I'd probably never have to see the machine again for a service call for a couple of years. In the right environment they were really good boxes. In our office now we still have an MP 171 that's chugging away without an issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Next generation MP 301

The MP 401's and 402's have turned out to be great machines. Updated firmware and the new style drums have solved the early issues.

The 401's have the older style display like the 301's, they're fine if not running solutions like Streamline.

402's have the smart panel, newer style controller, faster CPU and more RAM. They are a better choice if running things like Streamline.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

One thing I will say about this new line of LED printers - if you are planning to put any of them into customers that are, shall we say, knuckle-dragging neanderthals, DON'T. They are very easily broken by chimps who don't know how to install a toner or take a run up when putting the drum unit back in.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i like the MP501. We have put a few out there seem to be solid copier.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Next generation MP 301

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Hey all, if you've read any of my old stuff you know I'm usually behind on the latest models as I stick to refurbished equipment over new.

I have gone from ricoh mp 1515, to 161,171,201,301 and now I'm asking where to go next. I like these units: toner yield/price, footprint, etc....

Wasn't sure if I should look at the 401 or not, looked to me like a different lineup and all i could find as a replacement for the 301 was the IM 350. Is there something before this machine?

Thanks.
    The next one after mp301 is mp305 its a ricoh the mp401 etc are Kyocera
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com