Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C3003 - toner cartridge out of position

Re: MP C3003 - toner cartridge out of position

We have seen time and time again, where the chips on the bottles aren't set correctly, and they can cause errors like this.

Have you removed or inspected the K Toner detection chip ("ID chip" in service manual) to see if it's damaged? We've had success in reforming the bent contacts to get machines working again. Pretty easy to get to from rear. Swing controller out of the way, remove toner transport motor, toner bottle drive motor (K), and then your chip is right there.

As for the bottle getting "stuck", the Black toner cavity has an air duct (lighter gray material) that sits right above the toner bottle and directly underneath the output tray cover (dark gray material). We have seen that "duct" get warped or broken and cause issues with the Black bottle "being hard to insert or remove". Make sure that this duct isn't interfering with the bottle's movement (Picture attached for reference).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Omertà

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe this might help. Attachment 49480
    +1 good call
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    As for the bottle getting "stuck", the Black toner cavity has an air duct (lighter gray material) that sits right above the toner bottle and directly underneath the output tray cover (dark gray material). We have seen that "duct" get warped or broken and cause issues with the Black bottle "being hard to insert or remove". Make sure that this duct isn't interfering with the bottle's movement (Picture attached for reference).
    THIS!!
    Thank you so much for this, Frohn
    I literally got the notification of your post while I was at my machine wholesaler comparing one of their machines, and noticed that duct.
    In my head, I kept coming back to the exit tray, and initially thought it was possibly the wrong one or that something was missing. Guess what.....the air duct cover is missing from the machine!
    Once again, I'm left a bit embarrassed by my lack of knowledge.
    I did feel that it was quite odd that there was nothing between the exit tray and toner bottle, and foolishly assumed at the time that it must alone provide the support/ guide for the toner bottle. I've just not had the exit tray removed very often other than to swap it onto a machine at a wholesaler after removing a finisher or something, and never paid much attention.
    Frankly, I've found these units so reliable, that I've not had to do much of anything out of the norm other than routine maintenance.

I have no idea why someone would have removed this duct in the first place- unless they removed it for another reason and forgot to reinstall it .

This would also seem to explain why there is much more toner dusting inside the machine than I would expect to see -especially at this low volume.

Anyway, as usual I had a feeling that someone would come along and shine a light for me.

Thanks all for you input!!
    I'm feeling much better about the start of next week now!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I think you can use C3503 in place of c6003, but not the other way around.
    In any case, they are definitely using (genuine) C3503
    Nice work getting it figured out.

As far as the differences in the toner bottles, the 4503 and up models use a different one. The differences are the keyway on the bottom of the black guide and the fact that the 4503+ bottles are a bit longer.

Typically when someone uses the wrong bottle, they shove it into the machine (you can force the "wrong" bottle in over the keyway on the bottom. It then doesn't work and they break the collar off trying to yank the bottle back out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hell yeah man!
    Glad you got it figured out!

The ONLY reason I know about that duct is from a call at a construction site trailer where they couldn’t get the bottle out. I’m thinking they tried a little too hard, and busted that duct completely off, which would not allow the bottle to go either way!
    We all know how ‘gentle’ those construction guys are with copiers!
    Omertà

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Just be thankful it wasn't an MPC307. I've got so many of these heaps of shit in the field I've got changing the toner hopper down to about and hour and a half now.