Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Faint Black on Ricoh MPC2003 color pattern, copy and printout.

Hi All,
    I am stuck with this customer Ricoh MPC2003 that has a faint black on color pattern and generally, print and copy. I've installed a new OEM developer, OEM toner, clean optics, cleaned laser shield, check toner hopper if the toner augler is broken, and have tried virtually all what I know, but to no available. Any solution will be appreciated or if there's any adjustment to do on system sp.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Faint Black on Ricoh MPC2003 color pattern, copy and printout.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixtech Frameworks View Post
    Hi All,
    I am stuck with this customer Ricoh MPC2003 that has a faint black on color pattern and generally, print and copy. I've installed a new OEM developer, OEM toner, clean optics, cleaned laser shield, check toner hopper if the toner augler is broken, and have tried virtually all what I know, but to no available. Any solution will be appreciated or if there's any adjustment to do on system sp.
    Have you replaced the PCU?
    In addition this procedure has been mentioned before:

Check value Sp 3201-001 if it is 3.5v or higher then do the following

Sp 3201-001 set value to 4%. (mine was at 9% to start)
    after change make 1 copy or print internal test pattern this applies the value of the change you just made.

Execute SP 3050-003 three times (Toner add for black i believe it was.)

Check the value of SP 3200-001
    if the value is 4 or higher your done if it is less then 4 repeat the above steps until it is 4 or higher.

This is bottom half of TSB #6 on the 2003/2503, the first part of the tsb is for light image only on lead or trail edge, this part i gave you resolves the whole page being light.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok copyaction. I'll do all what you write and get back asap.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Did you connect the ground plate cover for the Drum correctly? When you installed new developer did you indicate that in the machine by going into SP 3701 and manually setting black developer?

Once you indicate that it is manually set, turn off the machine from the main power switch and then turn it back on.

Hi All,
    If it works, don't touch it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

All colors on you color gray scale you posted are weak. Normally caused by a dirty ID sensor, dirty optics or both. Clean the ID sensor assembly and the area around it. Completely clean all dust, toner residue and filming from all scanner components. There is a possibility that white reference calibration when power is turned back will correct most of your problem. To optimize quality run Auto Color Calibration in User Tools. Do copy first as that will adjust the scanning. At one time there was an information letter put out that recommended running ACC anytime firmware was updated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Hi All,
    Have you checked the pipe between the hopper and the dev unit? It is a rectangular vertical piece of plastic, that connects the toner hopper to the dev unit. If this is blocked, the toner will not get to the dev unit and copies will be feint.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Auto Calibration had been done several times, but to no avail.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I think it's not just black looking faint. Did you check a different paper, perhaps it's too moisty or dry or rough on the surface? Also keep the ID sensors clean as stated before.

Otherwise you can perform force toner supply via SP to "revive" old DV units and initialize the devs again but I wouldn't recommend that if the result looks faint
    with a brand new DV unit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Whats the status of the trasfer/separation unit?
    Check if it is properly grounded.
    Check if the transfer roller is properly touching the ITB housing at sides. if one or both of housing is broken the roller falls a bit down giving you faint prints.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hi All,
    What pcu pm life also did you replace complete dev assy {new} or was it used or just developer
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com