Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C6004ex no on-screen keyboard

Have an MP C6004 that we set up with use codes, but when entering a function like copy or scan, it prompts for code but never brings up the on screen keyboard to enter code in

Setting in system for external keyboard is turned off, if we go into copy(classic), it has the numerical keypad we can use, but not in scan function

Also, is there a way to add classic scan screen to machine. I didn't see an icon for it

What an I missing here?

Thanks
    MNTECH

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: C6004ex no on-screen keyboard

Considering that the Smart Operation Panel is an Android computer, have you tried tapping the entry box to see if that brings the keypad on screen, just like it does on an Android phone?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Considering that the Smart Operation Panel is an Android computer, have you tried tapping the entry box to see if that brings the keypad on screen, just like it does on an Android phone?
    Yes, I have tried tapping the entry box, also tried a long press.

I'm guessing it will be firmware, but wanted to make sure it wasn't something dumb I'm missing

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Have an MP C6004 that we set up with use codes, but when entering a function like copy or scan, it prompts for code but never brings up the on screen keyboard to enter code in

Setting in system for external keyboard is turned off, if we go into copy(classic), it has the numerical keypad we can use, but not in scan function

Also, is there a way to add classic scan screen to machine. I didn't see an icon for it

What an I missing here?

Thanks
    MNTECH
    Its in the user guide when setting up user code you add to address book you also have to turn the code management on its in administration settings. Also just add classic scanner in screen settings also in user manual
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did find classic scanner, had to add it under the program tab, called add class application or something like that.

Customer prefers using classic screens, and the keypad works with those classic functions, so I left it as is.

Thanks for the replies.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    I did find classic scanner, had to add it under the program tab, called add class application or something like that.

Customer prefers using classic screens, and the keypad works with those classic functions, so I left it as is.

Thanks for the replies.
    Whenever we were going to deliver a new machine to an existing customer we always included setting up ALL classic functions. Customer could begin using immediately.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Whenever we were going to deliver a new machine to an existing customer we always included setting up ALL classic functions. Customer could begin using immediately.
    I Always program the Function keys with the Classic Apps as part of my Refurb/ pre delivery routine.
    I prefer the function keys to the "widgets" as someone will inevitably reset the home screen and delete them.
    All of my customers prefer the Classic apps. Who wouldn't? Everything is right there in front of you? The other apps are just slow and cumbersome if you ask me.
    The function keys are also ALWAYS available at the top of the screen too, meaning that the user doesn't have to go "home" first in order to switch functions.
    Classic Apps.jpg