Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

pro907 duplex jam

I am stuck on a Ricoh pro907 that jams intermittently only on duplex. I am getting jam codes of 019 and 069. The second side registration is definitely off and it seems to jam at the registration roller on the second side. I will be working on the machine tomorrow but was hoping to get an idea of what to look for as far as issues with the registration unit.
    Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    pro907 duplex jam

Re: pro907 duplex jam

J019 and J069 are not duplex jam codes. They are transport relay sensor jam codes. If they only occur when doing duplex then something is causing the paper to slow down between the third duplex transport sensor and transport relay sensor.

If you are also getting minor damage to the sides of the paper, you may have something between the guide plates feeding from the duplex to the relay roller. hey are a pain to spot and even bigger pain to remove.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Re: pro907 duplex jam

sometimes paper stuck at Duplex Unit's 3rd transport sensor area entering the registration entrance. mostly when paper jams occur then pulling out duplex unit without clearing the paper. check also female connector in Duplex Unit perhaps some dust / toner or paper cavity obstruct. hoping your dev unit is not leaked it will definitely a big job to clean and lubricate. anyhow good luck sir.. cheers.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.