Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC5000 ADF Keeps Jamming

    Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    By your short video, I would suspect that the ID10T that had the jam, did not open the cover to remove it. Don't exactly remember that feeder, but looks to me like you have either a flipped mylar or something blocking the path. Take off back cover and manually turn transport rollers to see if it feeds through. If it does, likely sensor issue or ID10T damaged a clutch or something. If you manually can't feed, you have blockage like a flipped mylar.
    The mylar doesn't appear to be flipped, and looks to be in pretty good condition.

    The paper always stops right when it reaches the driven roller. Just to try something else, I removed the driven roller and the paper got much further and actually started to roll around to the bottom of the ADF. It gets stuck there I assume because there isn't anything to push it through without the driven roller.

    I don't see any way to adjust the driven roller and I don't even know if I'm right about that being the issue, but it's more information towards a diagnosis.

    Thx,
    Russ

  2. #12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,647
    Rep Power
    437

    Re: Ricoh MPC5000 ADF Keeps Jamming

    Quote Originally Posted by zerokoo149 View Post
    The mylar doesn't appear to be flipped, and looks to be in pretty good condition.

    The paper always stops right when it reaches the driven roller. Just to try something else, I removed the driven roller and the paper got much further and actually started to roll around to the bottom of the ADF. It gets stuck there I assume because there isn't anything to push it through without the driven roller.

    I don't see any way to adjust the driven roller and I don't even know if I'm right about that being the issue, but it's more information towards a diagnosis.

    Thx,
    Russ
    Just remove the cover from the front of the ADF feed section and you should be able to observe if the driven roller is actually turning. If it is but the paper is not moving then the weight of the pickup shoe on the paper is creating enough drag to prevent the paper from full engaging the roller.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC5000 ADF Keeps Jamming

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Just remove the cover from the front of the ADF feed section and you should be able to observe if the driven roller is actually turning. If it is but the paper is not moving then the weight of the pickup shoe on the paper is creating enough drag to prevent the paper from full engaging the roller.
    I might be saying the wrong name, the roller I'm talking about isn't motorized. It's just a free-turning set of rollers with springs on either side to keep downward tension.

  4. #14
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,647
    Rep Power
    437

    Re: Ricoh MPC5000 ADF Keeps Jamming

    Quote Originally Posted by zerokoo149 View Post
    I might be saying the wrong name, the roller I'm talking about isn't motorized. It's just a free-turning set of rollers with springs on either side to keep downward tension.
    I am taking about the roller that those are spring loaded against. For most Ricoh ADFs that roller is belt driven from the front. Take the front off and watch it. About the same rime that the pickup roller in the feed shoe stops turning, that roller should start turning. The feed belt feeds the paper against the roller. If the roller turns but does not pull the paper on in try changing the buckle with SP6-006-003. Default is 0 and can be increased to up to 5. This is a work rund until the actual problem is corrected.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here