Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aficio MP C305 SF Error J017

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me on fixing the error J017 for my Aficio MP C305 SF, its always jamming in the same place as you can see in the pic paper seams to always be crooked. I already changed the paper tray pickup roller, but it did not resolve the issue. I follow the instruction post by (ewizzy) to grease the vertical grooves for the Bypass lift plate same issue. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Aficio MP C305 SF Error J017

It looks like there's probably an obstruction of some sort in the paper path - possibly even the friction pad? you made no mention of replacing that along with the feed roller, and it could be damaged/dislodged.
    Maybe the vertical paper guide is broken/missing?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Is it croocked because of pulling out the tray? After a jam it makes more sense to open the right door and take a look from that perspective.

Might be a dirty optical reflex sensor wich is located shortly after paper feed iirc.

Worst case: faulty clutches

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barbonneau View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me on fixing the error J017 for my Aficio MP C305 SF, its always jamming in the same place as you can see in the pic paper seams to always be crooked. I already changed the paper tray pickup roller, but it did not resolve the issue. I follow the instruction post by (ewizzy) to grease the vertical grooves for the Bypass lift plate same issue. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Check the PTR roller, make sure the plastic sheet does not have a tear, this is a known issue.

Here's the bulletin.

MP C305 PTR JAM 017.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Thank you for your quick answer and recommendations,

@ sandmanmac Thank you for your recommendation I already order the friction pad.

@ Gift Good point on opening the right door, I did a cleanup with air and a brush we will see if it help.
    @ copier tech The PTR Roller are flat shape and they look ok I have attached a pic but worst case scenario I will change the part.

Thank you!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You might have a paper tray that is not setting level to the feed roller shaft. There are small rollers on the bottom of the tray at the very back corners. If they are missing or the extensions they mount in are cracked the back of the tray can sag just enough that only the front of the feed tire is on the paper.

You could also be missing the rear compression spring from the registration roller.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Could be guide missing from inside machine or paper lift plate check rear of cassette. Or damage paper make sure paper is flat. Would be good to see picture of where inside side door
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Could be guide missing from inside machine or paper lift plate check rear of cassette. Or damage paper make sure paper is flat. Would be good to see picture of where inside side door
    That's just triggered a memory for me, the swivel guide in the vertical transport can be out of position at one end, I've had it causing duplex jams, but, depending on the position it happens to be sitting in, it could be causing this. It's not immediately obvious when you look at it
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

@ slimslob I check the back roller they are both there and in good condition, the rails seam ok I have attached a pic.
    @ mgq I don’t know where to check for the rear of cassette?
    @ Debs1964 Can you point me to the right direction to check the swivel guide,
    Thank you!
    Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

@ Debs1964 Can you point me to the right direction to check the swivel guide,
    Thank you!
    It's nearly 2 years since I was in the field, so my memory isn't great, but I think it's the 2 parts I've highlighted that are the guides. These should both swivel, there is a pivot point at each end, these can become dislodged so the guide is not in the right position and can block the paper path

swivel guides.jpg
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't