Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technician

Re: SMTP Authentication causes error

The second DNS is set to 8.8.8.8. I just double checked it. Still no luck.

Technician

I have verified that the emails are entered @gmail.com and have logged into the accounts using the passwords to verify that the passwords are correct.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    From what I understand, Google has been trying to do away with support for "less secure device" since before the start of the year. You might try the following from Google support. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help

Unfortunately this is not an option as this is a church and only use free google accounts not workplace. Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Screen shot please
    Screenshots of what? Not sure what you're looking for. Please respond and I will get them. Thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    If the machine is in any kind of Active Directory domain network, do NOT do this.
    Not an Active Directory environment. Good advice tho

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Try to remove Verify Server Certificate check box if any.
    Box is unchecked.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Assuming you have entered all the SMTP details correctly & the network setting, gateway, DNS etc are all correct.

Log into that gmail account from a PC & check to see if you have received any security warning emails, if you have choose the option 'this was me' then try another scan from the copier.

This is also a good troubleshooting tool, do you get a successful connection message?

Attachment 49788

As always check the firmware is on the latest.
    I have checked and verified all security emails on the account. Yes I do get a successful connection message. Thank you

Service Manager updated firmware on both machines
    Last edited by jonmdci; 07-23-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Did not answer firmware question.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I don't know whether this will work with Gmail, but it's one of the settings I always ensure with Office 365.

On the Web Image Monitor, go to device management, configuration, then, under security, select SSL/TLS, under SSL/TLS version ensure that only TLS1,2 is active (TLS1.1, TLS1.0 and SSL3.0 set to inactive).

If that doesn't work, try changing SP5-860-022 to ON
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SMTP Authentication causes error

Quote Originally Posted by jonmdci View Post
    I have been working on this issue for over a day now. We installed a MPC6004to replace a MPC5503. On both machines I am unable to get scan to email to work if SMTP Authentication is on. Customer uses gmail and I set up the gmail smtp server on port 465 (I have tried 587 as well. No change). I entered a valid gmail account and password but whenever I attempt to scan to email I get the error "Authentication with the destination has failed". I have logged into the gmail account successfully so the password is correct. I have also tried using other smtp servers with authentication and all have the same error. The 5503 is now at my office and connected to my network and is having the same issues and there is nothing on the network side blocking anything. It seems like it must be a setting on the copiers that is the issue but neither I nor my service manager can seem to figure it out.

I just turned off authentication and tried using my smtp server on port 25 and this works, but when i turned authentication back on the error reappears.

I am an IT guy not a tech but as I stated, I have been working with the service techs and manager and we are all thoroughly stumped.

Any help or even just new ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    SSL needs to be on and it's port 465

Also check less secure app as Google turns off if not used within a week also check inbox if any security messages
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SMTP Authentication causes error

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Assuming you have entered all the SMTP details correctly & the network setting, gateway, DNS etc are all correct.

Log into that gmail account from a PC & check to see if you have received any security warning emails, if you have choose the option 'this was me' then try another scan from the copier.

This is also a good troubleshooting tool, do you get a successful connection message?

Attachment 49788

As always check the firmware is on the latest.
    Ricoh this week have done loads of package firmware updates on octopus
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com