Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

MP 9001 browse network error

Good morning, greetings from Spain, I have a problem with a ricoh mp9001, when I add a user to the address book, I access the folder section and click on browse network, it gives me an error:
    Cannot find the specified path
    Please check the settings.

When I try to do a manual scan and click on manual entry, when I click on browse network, here it also gives me the error.

I've checked everything, updated the firmware, but I still can't see any equipment on the network, any ideas? Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MP 9001 browse network error

i see that a lot if you enter information manually scan to folder works. i recommend doing a firmware upgrade along with java firmware upgrade. if computer is using smb2 then will need firmware upgrade to support it. Do not turn on smb1 on computer. they turn that off because of hack issues.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 9001  browse network error

Have you manually entered any information in the scan destination? You need to at least enter the destination computer either by name or IP address.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    i see that a lot if you enter information manually scan to folder works. i recommend doing a firmware upgrade along with java firmware upgrade. if computer is using smb2 then will need firmware upgrade to support it. Do not turn on smb1 on computer. they turn that off because of hack issues.
    Good morning, the 9001 has the last firmware. The problem is that on other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups, the compunters, and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.
    The problem is that on other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroup, the teams, and navigate through the different teams and when selecting a team, then, it asks me for username and password, I can't do it here.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you manually entered any information in the scan destination? You need to at least enter the destination computer either by name or IP address.
    Good morning, then, why in other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups and the compunters? and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Bad DNS/Gateway config?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 9001  browse network error

Quote Originally Posted by pakobernal View Post
    Good morning, then, why in other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups and the compunters? and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.
    Bad workgroup name. First DNS is not a local device.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Bad workgroup name. First DNS is not a local device.
    The dns are the same as those of the computers on the network, the workgroup is the same. I don't understand why I can't see the network. I'm desperate.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Bad DNS/Gateway config?
    The dns and the gateway is the same as those of the computers on the network. Another idea?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pakobernal View Post
    Good morning, greetings from Spain, I have a problem with a ricoh mp9001, when I add a user to the address book, I access the folder section and click on browse network, it gives me an error:
    Cannot find the specified path
    Please check the settings.

When I try to do a manual scan and click on manual entry, when I click on browse network, here it also gives me the error.

I've checked everything, updated the firmware, but I still can't see any equipment on the network, any ideas? Thanks
    hi, sometimes "strange" things happen on the net, it happened to me too, usually it is the misalignment of the mf in the network, eg. (subnet mask, dns), but it has happened to me many times that despite all the parameters being ok, it didn't work, that's why I do it via wim