Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

Hello everyone

Have a bit of a strange problem. Got a Ricoh MP2352, machine works fine. Copying is fine. Scanning is fine. Printing is fine... That is until the client tries to print A3 from his computer. It then jumps into an error code SC401.

Printing A4 is perfectly fine, no codes.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

Is the A4 being fed SEF? If so it might have to do with only the very ends of the transfer roller making contact with the drum and that portion of either the roller or drum being deteriorated.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Are the bushings that hold the transfer roller intact? I just had a machine this week giving the same code thanks to the rear bushing and the pin that kept it in place being broken.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Is the A4 being fed SEF? If so it might have to do with only the very ends of the transfer roller making contact with the drum and that portion of either the roller or drum being deteriorated.
    Yes, pages are SEF.

Still I'm wondering why A3 copies work fine. Only A3 prints are giving the SC401

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Are the bushings that hold the transfer roller intact? I just had a machine this week giving the same code thanks to the rear bushing and the pin that kept it in place being broken.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    I did take the transfer and separation unit out, cleaned and inspected it. All seems fine there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Things got a little stranger. I managed to work a bit more with the machine. I made the client print A3 documents / plan drawings with another computer and that works fine, No SC401.

It seems like the code is only coming up from 1 computer when they printing A3. Further testing on that computer and I found out that it's going into the SC401 code when printing from the CAD program. When printing A3 from other programs it seems to be fine

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Things got a little stranger. I managed to work a bit more with the machine. I made the client print A3 documents / plan drawings with another computer and that works fine, No SC401.
    I'd be thinking a driver fault. If it's all good apart from 1 PC I'd make sure it's got a decent driver. I've had tonnes of issues like that when they're using a universal driver or the likes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Maybe the computer sending the problem is set for heavier paper, causing the MFP to up the transfer voltage and then it shorts out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Hello everyone

Have a bit of a strange problem. Got a Ricoh MP2352, machine works fine. Copying is fine. Scanning is fine. Printing is fine... That is until the client tries to print A3 from his computer. It then jumps into an error code SC401.

Printing A4 is perfectly fine, no codes.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance
    Since the A3 size is larger the charge is on for longer & possibly a higher transfer charge? so shorts out where A4 is smaller & less charge.

• Code: 401
    • Description:Transfer roller leak error 1
      A transfer roller current leak signal wad detected. (The current feedback signal for the transfer roller was not detected within the correct time.)
    • Causes:• High voltage supply board set incorrectly or defective • Transfer roller set incorrectly or damaged • Transfer unit set incorrectly
    • Remedy:1. Check the high voltage supply board is set correctly. 2. Check the harness of the high voltage supply board. 3. Replace the high voltage supply board. 4. Check the transfer roller is set correctly. 5. Replace the transfer roller. 6. Check the transfer unit is set correctly. 7. Update the firmware.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MBZ6301 View Post
    I'd be thinking a driver fault. If it's all good apart from 1 PC I'd make sure it's got a decent driver. I've had tonnes of issues like that when they're using a universal driver or the likes
    Checked the driver and it was correct and I also updated it thereafter. The problem was still the same.