Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    6

    Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Hello everyone

    Have a bit of a strange problem. Got a Ricoh MP2352, machine works fine. Copying is fine. Scanning is fine. Printing is fine... That is until the client tries to print A3 from his computer. It then jumps into an error code SC401.

    Printing A4 is perfectly fine, no codes.

    Any ideas what the problem could be?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,647
    Rep Power
    437

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Is the A4 being fed SEF? If so it might have to do with only the very ends of the transfer roller making contact with the drum and that portion of either the roller or drum being deteriorated.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    2,096
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Are the bushings that hold the transfer roller intact? I just had a machine this week giving the same code thanks to the rear bushing and the pin that kept it in place being broken.

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Is the A4 being fed SEF? If so it might have to do with only the very ends of the transfer roller making contact with the drum and that portion of either the roller or drum being deteriorated.
    Yes, pages are SEF.

    Still I'm wondering why A3 copies work fine. Only A3 prints are giving the SC401

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Are the bushings that hold the transfer roller intact? I just had a machine this week giving the same code thanks to the rear bushing and the pin that kept it in place being broken.

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    I did take the transfer and separation unit out, cleaned and inspected it. All seems fine there.

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Things got a little stranger. I managed to work a bit more with the machine. I made the client print A3 documents / plan drawings with another computer and that works fine, No SC401.

    It seems like the code is only coming up from 1 computer when they printing A3. Further testing on that computer and I found out that it's going into the SC401 code when printing from the CAD program. When printing A3 from other programs it seems to be fine

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Things got a little stranger. I managed to work a bit more with the machine. I made the client print A3 documents / plan drawings with another computer and that works fine, No SC401.
    I'd be thinking a driver fault. If it's all good apart from 1 PC I'd make sure it's got a decent driver. I've had tonnes of issues like that when they're using a universal driver or the likes

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Maybe the computer sending the problem is set for heavier paper, causing the MFP to up the transfer voltage and then it shorts out.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,184
    Rep Power
    141

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Hello everyone

    Have a bit of a strange problem. Got a Ricoh MP2352, machine works fine. Copying is fine. Scanning is fine. Printing is fine... That is until the client tries to print A3 from his computer. It then jumps into an error code SC401.

    Printing A4 is perfectly fine, no codes.

    Any ideas what the problem could be?

    Thanks in advance
    Since the A3 size is larger the charge is on for longer & possibly a higher transfer charge? so shorts out where A4 is smaller & less charge.


    • Code: 401
    • Description:Transfer roller leak error 1
      A transfer roller current leak signal wad detected. (The current feedback signal for the transfer roller was not detected within the correct time.)
    • Causes:• High voltage supply board set incorrectly or defective • Transfer roller set incorrectly or damaged • Transfer unit set incorrectly
    • Remedy:1. Check the high voltage supply board is set correctly. 2. Check the harness of the high voltage supply board. 3. Replace the high voltage supply board. 4. Check the transfer roller is set correctly. 5. Replace the transfer roller. 6. Check the transfer unit is set correctly. 7. Update the firmware.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Ricoh MP2352 SC401- Strange problem

    Quote Originally Posted by MBZ6301 View Post
    I'd be thinking a driver fault. If it's all good apart from 1 PC I'd make sure it's got a decent driver. I've had tonnes of issues like that when they're using a universal driver or the likes
    Checked the driver and it was correct and I also updated it thereafter. The problem was still the same.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here