Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

looking for opinion on RICOH GREENLINE UNITS

HI
    I was looking for any feedback on the ricoh greenline units in the MPC3003 models.
    I remember in the past mpc3501 the toner chips were different than the normal mpc3501.
    Are they rebuilt here or CHINA,or Japan?
    Do they change all drums,fuser,ITB unit??
    thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: looking for opinion on RICOH GREENLINE UNITS

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    HI
    I was looking for any feedback on the ricoh greenline units in the MPC3003 models.
    I remember in the past mpc3501 the toner chips were different than the normal mpc3501.
    thanks
    I saw a couple of weeks ago a video of ricoh on youtube, which talked about this topic, it seems they have converted some factories in japan, which produced new machines, into appliance regeneration stations, highly automated, well, we buy the refurbished ones here in Italy from one of our suppliers, I also take care of examining and certifying them before delivery to the customer, I think the process and quality control are the same.
    the machines arrive with the bodywork practically clean as new (with a few rare exceptions), the consumables are the same as previously mounted, so go to luck, the toner level is random, maybe one cartridge is full, and another is almost finished , the paper pickup rollers, most of the time they are worn out, so I replace them, to avoid going out after a few weeks, the nvram is reset to a few hundred prints, they tend to be very convenient ... I think no one will ever give you a remanufactured machine with new consumables would not be convenient

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I prefer to do perform refurb jobs "inhouse" since we swap MFPs all the times so we got our own 2nd hand pool - our workload situation varies a lot so this is something your employees can perform during times you get fewer calls in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I saw a couple of weeks ago a video of ricoh on youtube, which talked about this topic, it seems they have converted some factories in japan, which produced new machines, into appliance regeneration stations, highly automated, well, we buy the refurbished ones here in Italy from one of our suppliers, I also take care of examining and certifying them before delivery to the customer, I think the process and quality control are the same.
    the machines arrive with the bodywork practically clean as new (with a few rare exceptions), the consumables are the same as previously mounted, so go to luck, the toner level is random, maybe one cartridge is full, and another is almost finished , the paper pickup rollers, most of the time they are worn out, so I replace them, to avoid going out after a few weeks, the nvram is reset to a few hundred prints, they tend to be very convenient ... I think no one will ever give you a remanufactured machine with new consumables would not be convenient

Thanks
    I do not like having to worry about the "real meter" ..Either it is ready to be used or not,and having to think about
    changing feed stations would give me pause.
    I think i will just wait it out for some low meter lease returns..
    I honestly do not do full rebuilds as the cost on a 03,drums/dev units,ITB unit and fuser unit would cost me more than it is worth.
    maybe i was spoiled with very low meter machines to buy..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    looking for opinion on RICOH GREENLINE UNITS

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    HI
    thanks

Greenline units are primarily cleaned/repainted equipment.
    Yes, drums,fuser, ITB units and other moving parts are replaced with new ones only the metal box and electrical boards/wires are
    retained, that too depending on their condition.
    Toner chips are be same too as the electric circuit is same.

THANKS ALL
    I think for now i will avoid them as not knowing their true meter concerns me.
    I bit the bullet and started buying 04 and 04ex low meter units as 03 are getting harder to find.