Thread: ricoh pro c5200

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh pro c5200

ricoh pro c5200

i have a ricoh pro c5200 posting an error sc446-03. according to the service manual this could be related to the TDCU. though everything i see in the service manual says the tdcu indicates an error. that part i got. but i can't find in the service manual what tdcu actually stands for. just rebuilt the transfer belt and the fuser unit. but if i knew what tdcu stands for it might help me find the issue more quickly. another one of our techs rebuilt the ITB. so i am gonna try to retrace what he did, as he isn't available at the moment. most everything i see points to ITB, which as i mentioned was just rebuilt. is this where the tdcu is located? any help is appreciated.

ricoh pro c5200

Re: ricoh pro c5200

is it toner density control???

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh pro c5200

RTB No.: RD257033 : Office/Pro Jam24, noise or SC446-03 occur

Important Item to be performed at Installation

• Execute SP2-313-001 (PTR adjustment) at machine installation, before making any printouts.
    • This is necessary to prevent the following symptoms, which may occur if the toner applied to the cleaning blade falls off during machine transport.
      • Jam 24 (damage to PTB unit gear)
      • Noise (tooth-skipping of PTB unit gear)
      • SC446-03 (ITB motor locks)

Note: If the toner applied to the blade falls off, the surface layer of the blade may peel off due to the friction between the blade and belt. If this occurs, the friction increases further and may then damage the gear. See photos below.
    • You do not need to execute this SP at any other time, since the machine supplies the toner automatically.
    • In accordance with the above, the following was added to the Service Manual:
      Inset location:
      For Pro C5200S/CC5210S)
      P57 "ACC adjustment" between Step2 and Step 3
      For MP C6503/C8003)
      P96 "ACC adjustment" between Step2 and Step 3
      Steps:
      2-1. Execute PTR adjustment (SP2-313-001) to supply toner at cleaning blade.

SC446-03 D ITB motor (M2): Lock: ITB drive/driven shaft encoder sensor error
    Omertà

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh pro c5200

In the service manual,SC446-03 does not say that it is "related to the TDCU," it say that it is detected by the TDCU as does a crap load of other SC codes. If you continue scrolling down the information on SC 446-03 you will find the following troubleshooting information:
    • Motor defective, connector disconnected, harness broken,
    • IOB defective, unit torque increased.
    • ITB drive R sensor smudged, ITB driven R sensor smudged, ITB drive R sensor defective, ITB drive R sensor defective
    • ITB drive R sensor connector not set correctly, ITB driven R sensor connector not set correctly, harness broken

And the following recommended repair steps.

• Replace the motor / reconnect the connector / replace the harness / replace the IOB / replace the unit / replace the driven unit.
    • Clean the sensor / replace the sensor.
    • Reconnect the sensor connector.
    • Check the sensor harness.

ricoh pro c5200

thanks for your input. i believe i got it resolved. as i started taking it apart again to retrace what the other tech. had done. before i even got the ITB unit out, i noticed the numbers on the belt were at the front instead of the back. once i got the belt turned around with the numbers to the rear the SC code went away.