Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP3352 bought at auction

I have to go inspect a Ricoh Aficio MP3352 that a potential client bought at an auction. I have very little experience with Ricohs in general. Aside from the basic things to look for like what is the total count, does it pass paper from each drawer, what does a printout look like, will the machine duplex, what does a copy look like, does the ADF work single side and duplex , if the finisher on the machine work (if it has one), can I browse out to its network interface when connected to the network; what do I need to check out on that machine that is particular to this model and series?

Thanks for any help.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP3352 bought at auction

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I have to go inspect a Ricoh Aficio MP3352 that a potential client bought at an auction. I have very little experience with Ricohs in general. Aside from the basic things to look for like what is the total count, does it pass paper from each drawer, what does a printout look like, will the machine duplex, what does a copy look like, does the ADF work single side and duplex , if the finisher on the machine work (if it has one), can I browse out to its network interface when connected to the network; what do I need to check out on that machine that is particular to this model and series?

Thanks for any help.
    One of ricohs best and longest running series {Russian} very reliable and cheap to maintain if you need any information manuals etc just pm me
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I would want to know what type of auction. Unless it was a tax or bankruptcy auction, I would not work on it without charging for a complete maintenance service.
    1. Rebuild or replace the PCDU
    2. replace the PTR
    3. rebuild or replace the fusing unit
    4. replace ADF pickup roller, separation roller and feed belt
    5. replace all rollers in the paper trays

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I would want to know what type of auction. Unless it was a tax or bankruptcy auction, I would not work on it without charging for a complete maintenance service.
    1. Rebuild or replace the PCDU
    2. replace the PTR
    3. rebuild or replace the fusing unit
    4. replace ADF pickup roller, separation roller and feed belt
    5. replace all rollers in the paper trays
    Perfect,

Just add Toner Supply Handle or complete Hopper in the list cause i have seen them fail, broken on so many machines.

Regard's

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbkhan3 View Post
    Perfect,

Just add Toner Supply Handle or complete Hopper in the list cause i have seen them fail, broken on so many machines.

Regard's
    True. Just had one yesterday

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Have one in my car for a machine that's been puking toner all over the place, even after a drum rebuild.

This series is pretty reliable, though when rebuilding the PCU, be sure to replace the gears on the mag roller and also check the gears in the developer case: if they even look slightly worn, replace the case.

Also keeping a set of the fuser pressure arms and the posts they live on can be helpful, if they get bent out of place they can end up breaking the junction gate on the duplex unit.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Have one in my car for a machine that's been puking toner all over the place, even after a drum rebuild.

This series is pretty reliable, though when rebuilding the PCU, be sure to replace the gears on the mag roller and also check the gears in the developer case: if they even look slightly worn, replace the case.

Ricoh put a bulletin out many years ago to inspect the well around the gears at the back of the development case. If you see any gray powder in there, the seals on the transport screw shafts are bad and it is pumping developer out through the bushings. Replace the case.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I wish to thank everyone for your comments.

That's just the kind of information I was seeking. I am now better prepared when I visit this client on Monday.

I will post what transpires after my visit. It will be either a sad story of incompetence or a hilarious story of incompetence. In any case, it will make interesting reading.

Thanks again for the information.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Maintained, these are great machines. The most common issues are toner scattering and jams associated with the tray feed rollers getting covered with loose toner or the paper end sensor in the tray getting covered or shorted out.

If you have access to an authorised Ricoh dealer, getting up to date firmware can also be a good preventive measure. There were updates for SMB3 support and even some updates issued last month for the security of the web interface.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

OK. I went out there and found a surprisingly clean machine. Everything seemed to work. It has just a little over 200K on it. I had to put a little twist on the ADF and it started scanning much better. It was a bit skewed. I gonna think this happened when the machine was pushed around. Folks seem to always to push these machines sometimes by the ADF, not the main body. The image snapped back into place. The machine would duplex well in the ADF and the main unit. It passed paper just fine from both drawers. I will say that the copies and prints seemed a little light to me, but the customer was happy with the quality. I was able to get it on there network w/o problem and set up printing just fine.

The problem I ran into was getting it to scan to email (that's what the customer wanted). I used my test gmail account but couldn't get it to work (I usually start out with my test gmail account because I know that account has been configured correctly). I use my test email account first because if I get that account to work, I know that the machine can scan to email from that location. If the customer gives me their email credentials and those credentials do not work, I know its not the machine. I also tried some credentials that we use for some older devices that do not have SSL or TLS that we configure to sent reports to us. That didn't work either. Upon a little more research, I found two different places that mentioned the scan to email may not work will if the firmware is old.

So that brings me to this; where can I get the latest firmware for this machine?
    How do you load the firmware on this machine?
    Is the firmware loaded on the root of a memory stick, then plugged into the machine while the machine is turned off, then switch the machine on?
    Or is a special app on a PC used to load the firmware?

Thanks again for the help.