Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: MP C306 Firmware Update Issue

That can be a pain in the ass. I think there might be settings in administrator mode that can lead to prevent using the USB slot for printing/scanning.

Basic Procedure for Saving Scan Files on a Memory Storage Device

Did you check the security settings?

Depending on the security settings, [Store to Memory Device] may not be displayed. For details, see "Restricting Media Slot Access", Security Guide.

Technician

[QUOTE=Gift;2145323]That can be a pain in the ass. I think there might be settings in administrator mode that can lead to prevent using the USB slot for printing/scanning.

Basic Procedure for Saving Scan Files on a Memory Storage Device

Did you check the security settings?

Depending on the security settings, [Store to Memory Device] may not be displayed. For details, see "Restricting Media Slot Access", Security Guide.[/QUOTE
    There is no restrictions9694b2a5-a40f-431a-9f7c-a1d6a0c86c3d.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C306 Firmware Update Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mido2020 View Post
    Thanks I got my network back ,there was a conflict ip . But I wonder Why there is no real help . Should I pay for that. If someone has the file can upload it to any site and I download it. I'm from Egypt and It is hard for me to pay. Beside I believe real tech Help on forums shouldn't be paid We always learn and got experiences from forums . It has never been a market. Sorry but I'm really disappointed.
    There is a major difference between providing providing help to other actual technicians and providing products. Items like parts, manuals, software and firmware are products. If an authorized dealer were to give you company proprietary information like firmware and the company were to find out,m they could loose their dealership which could cost them thousands a month in new sales.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There is a major difference between providing providing help to other actual technicians and providing products. Items like parts, manuals, software and firmware are products. If an authorized dealer were to give you company proprietary information like firmware and the company were to find out,m they could loose their dealership which could cost them thousands a month in new sales.
    Ok Thanks. But I spent last days googling for answers. I found some information which say that without hdd there is no way to use usb storage devices or upgrade firmware. When i checked my device storage It was only about 7 giga and I know that the machine supposed to have 320 giga hdd so I removed the cover with doubts that I have no hdd. I was suprised to find it exist. I remover it and connect it to pc to check if it ok or not but I recevied the message in the photo and it is unallocated what should I do.Screenshot 2022-05-21 121540.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Ok Thanks. But I spent last days googling for answers. I found some information which say that without hdd there is no way to use usb storage devices or upgrade firmware. When i checked my device storage It was only about 7 giga and I know that the machine supposed to have 320 giga hdd so I removed the cover with doubts that I have no hdd. I was suprised to find it exist. I remover it and connect it to pc to check if it ok or not but I recevied the message in the photo and it is unallocated what should I do.Screenshot 2022-05-21 121540.jpg
    It is not allocated for Windows. The base OS for the MP C306 is not Windows. You need a software that can read and diagnose a raw drive without erasing anything already there.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is not allocated for Windows. The base OS for the MP C306 is not Windows. You need a software that can read and diagnose a raw drive without erasing anything already there.
    I formatted Hdd through sp code but how can I make sure that it is working properly

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I formatted Hdd through sp code but how can I make sure that it is working properly
    If it wasn't working it would have coded during format.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This is not entirely true as you can update the firmware without the optional HDD installed.

Simply update using an SD card.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk