Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

Hi, All. I hope everyone is having a great day. I have a MP 6503 that was locked up at the blue splash screen of the smart op panel. The main power switch would not turn the machine off. After unplugging it and plugging it back in, the machine comes on automatically. I reformatted the hard disk, reinstalled firmware, and restarted the SOP in its service mode. Finally, I got it to come to a home screen, but it is missing previously installed icons like copier, scanner, printer etc. I add those icons back to home screen. When I attempt to turn off the power at the main switch, the machine acts like it's in the shut down cycle, but actually restarts instead.WTF. After that, the icons I added back are gone again. The only way to power off the machine now is to unplug it. I have the G2 sop OS and apps to put on a sd card to reload the sop software.
    Is the G2 the correct SOP OS for a MP 6503? I am not hugely SOP savvy, and I don't want to smoke the panel.
    If anyone has run into this before, please tell me if I am on a correct path for repairing this machine. Thanks, Mika.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

Re: MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

Yes, G2 is correct, and I'm not the most savvy with the SOP's either, but I did find this doc that may help with the process??
    TS Bulletin 093a.pdf

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Yes, G2 is correct, and I'm not the most savvy with the SOP's either, but I did find this doc that may help with the process??
    TS Bulletin 093a.pdf
    Thanks, Sandy. Even though the part numbers are different on the MP6503, the troubleshooting guide was much better than the one I had. I ordered a single PCB vs an entire op panel. Thanks again, have a great day!
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP 6503 SOP OS reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I hope everyone is having a great day. I have a MP 6503 that was locked up at the blue splash screen of the smart op panel. The main power switch would not turn the machine off. After unplugging it and plugging it back in, the machine comes on automatically. I reformatted the hard disk, reinstalled firmware, and restarted the SOP in its service mode. Finally, I got it to come to a home screen, but it is missing previously installed icons like copier, scanner, printer etc. I add those icons back to home screen. When I attempt to turn off the power at the main switch, the machine acts like it's in the shut down cycle, but actually restarts instead.WTF. After that, the icons I added back are gone again. The only way to power off the machine now is to unplug it. I have the G2 sop OS and apps to put on a sd card to reload the sop software.
    Is the G2 the correct SOP OS for a MP 6503? I am not hugely SOP savvy, and I don't want to smoke the panel.
    If anyone has run into this before, please tell me if I am on a correct path for repairing this machine. Thanks, Mika.
    Hope this helps sorry just noticed you want Mono mp
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

I have had this a couple of times. If you end up doing a factory reset on the SOP, let the machine boot up to ready. I then power off the machine and load package firmware. It will usually restore all the apps and set any Japanese text back to English.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt