Technician

Ricoh Finisher Setup

I bought this awesome MPC3004ex from a local moving business. Has about 50k counter. Came with a finisher but for the life of me, I can not seem to set it up correctly. Halfway through the printing it gets stuck, I was hoping if someone knows someone in the Bay Area who can come in and help me set this up correctly. I called some local shops but they charge $155 just to come out and on top $120/hr.

I dont mind paying if someone can setup correctly, bbut I feel like I do not want to pay someone just to come out and say they can't do it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Finisher Setup

Quote Originally Posted by craigp View Post
    I bought this awesome MPC3004ex from a local moving business. Has about 50k counter. Came with a finisher but for the life of me, I can not seem to set it up correctly. Halfway through the printing it gets stuck, I was hoping if someone knows someone in the Bay Area who can come in and help me set this up correctly. I called some local shops but they charge $155 just to come out and on top $120/hr.

I dont mind paying if someone can setup correctly, bbut I feel like I do not want to pay someone just to come out and say they can't do it.
    Just curious...What did you pay for it, and what kind of business are you in?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Finisher Setup

Internal or external finisher?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If it's an external finisher, a lot of times the entrance plate will get bent in transport. the best way I have repaired it is by removing the plate, straightening it, and reinstall.

Remove the finisher from the copier, you don't have to unplug it, then try to manually roll the paper through the entrance plate with the knob inside the front cover.if the rollers drive the paper through the entrance of the finisher without resistance then it is probably ok.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the entrance guide of the finisher they are known to get bent.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Just to clariy the bent statements above.

The finisher entertance guide is usually 2 pieces.

1. A larger metal piece that is attached to the finisher frame - this piece is generally at a 45 degree angle facing down. The whole piece should be straight across the width, with either end at 90 degrees (these ends have screws that hold the second part in place.
    2. a slightly smaller piece, which swivels on piece nr 1. This should also be straight, and move easily when lifted.

If looking into the entrance guide from the side of the finisher that mates to the main machine, the 2 pieces should not meet anywhere in the entrance area, otherwise something is bent.

Hope this helps
    Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Finisher Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Just to clariy the bent statements above.

The finisher entertance guide is usually 2 pieces.

1. A larger metal piece that is attached to the finisher frame - this piece is generally at a 45 degree angle facing down. The whole piece should be straight across the width, with either end at 90 degrees (these ends have screws that hold the second part in place.
    2. a slightly smaller piece, which swivels on piece nr 1. This should also be straight, and move easily when lifted.

If looking into the entrance guide from the side of the finisher that mates to the main machine, the 2 pieces should not meet anywhere in the entrance area, otherwise something is bent.

Hope this helps
    My experience has not been that the easily removed entrance guide is bent. What I encounter is that the cross frame the guide mounts on has been used as a lift point and is bent. The big problem is that it is also the lower guide plate through the entrance roller with the upper guide attached to it. Usually it gets bent up far enough that the contact between the entrance rollers is below the guide plate.