Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Question MP 4002 and SR3110 does not staple, only printing

Good dear colleagues.

Today I have a curious topic with an MP 4002 and SR3110.

Stapling and punching in "copy mode" works without problem, but when it is printing, the device DOES NOT STAPLE.

Both machine and classifier, are updated and are using the most current drivers.

Can there be an internal configuration parameter that disables stapling when printing?

Best regards.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP 4002 and SR3110 does not staple, only printing

Re: MP 4002 and SR3110 does not staple, only printing

Go to devices and printers on the computer, right click the printer and select printer properties. Look under the accessories tab and make sure correct finisher has been added.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Go to devices and printers on the computer, right click the printer and select printer properties. Look under the accessories tab and make sure correct finisher has been added.
    And if the driver is shared out by a print server it will only be available if added on the server. Had that problem with a hospital once.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    or the print driver is not pcl6 Ricoh mp4002

I am sorry to notify that it has not served me.
    The driver is PCL6, and in features the SR3110 is marked. Stapling is default, and still does not staple.
    So check to see if it could be something from Service Mode that is bypassing stapling when printing.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Erase driver and port, and reinstall the printer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Erase driver and port, and reinstall the printer
    Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them. (Although the PCL6 are installed recently, since before there were the "Microsoft Universals")
    With regard to the "server" thing, there is no server that manages the printing issue, since the print drivers are installed locally on all PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them. (Although the PCL6 are installed recently, since before there were the "Microsoft Universals")
    With regard to the "server" thing, there is no server that manages the printing issue, since the print drivers are installed locally on all PCs.
    Connect your lap top, same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Connect your lap top, same problem?
    Thanks for the suggestion. But the same thing happens on any other PC or Laptop.

Seriously I think that it must be something of internal configuration that does not allow to execute the stapling, from the printing.

I apologize for the delay in answering, since this client is not a priority, and I must attend other services. Nevertheless, I appreciate any suggestions.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Is there any message displayed when they try to staple? They may be trying to staple from a tray that stapling is turned off or trying to center staple to paper that is not short edge feed.