Thread: MP C307 locked

Lightbulb MP C307 locked

Hello fellow technicians,

So I have this allmost brandnew MP C307 from a school where it wasn't used anymore. It was used in an protected mode so only staff members and students could use it by using their debit card.

I can reach the webUI by ip-address, but the admin and supervisor accounts are blocked. So I tried to reset the machine to factory (SP-5846-046), but unfortunately this option isn't visible/executable. Then I read in another thread (
    Lost supervisor password?)
    how to download the nvram to a sd-card and edit the file by looking for some hex characters and reset the admin- and supervisor passwords. But I cannot find these characters; there is no logic I can find.

Is there some way to download a standard 'nvram-file' which I can write to the machine?
    Or does anybody know if there is any possible way to reset this machine so I can use it? Any help appreciated!

...If you can't fix it, you don't own it...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

Re: MP C307 locked

Quote Originally Posted by zootjuh View Post

I can reach the webUI by ip-address, but the admin and supervisor accounts are blocked. So I tried to reset the machine to factory (SP-5846-046), but unfortunately this option isn't visible/executable.

You want to reset to "factory" but it sounds like you're only using the normal SP mode.
    You need to access Factory SP mode to do this. I've never heard of a case where this mode was not available, and while it's foolishly been posted here before, I certainly won't be posting the instructions in a public forum.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

Hello fellow technicians,

So I have this allmost brandnew MP C307 from a school where it wasn't used anymore. It was used in an protected mode so only staff members and students could use it by using their debit card.

I can reach the webUI by ip-address, but the admin and supervisor accounts are blocked. So I tried to reset the machine to factory (SP-5846-046), but unfortunately this option isn't visible/executable. Then I read in another thread (
    Lost supervisor password?)
    how to download the nvram to a sd-card and edit the file by looking for some hex characters and reset the admin- and supervisor passwords. But I cannot find these characters; there is no logic I can find.

Is there some way to download a standard 'nvram-file' which I can write to the machine?
    Or does anybody know if there is any possible way to reset this machine so I can use it? Any help appreciated!

...If you can't fix it, you don't own it...
    order a new : D2969590 NVRAM

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You want to reset to "factory" but it sounds like you're only using the normal SP mode.
    You need to access Factory SP mode to do this. I've never heard of a case where this mode was not available, and while it's foolishly been posted here before, I certainly won't be posting the instructions in a public forum.
    Hi, thanks for your answer. I entered SP Mode(Service); that's what you mean? I'll send a photo:
    IMG_20210914_145749.jpg

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

Hi, thanks for your answer. I entered SP Mode(Service); that's what you mean? I'll send a photo:
    IMG_20210914_145749.jpg
    No.
    As I said, the mode you need is in "Factory SP"

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

IMG_20210914_145749.jpg
    Like Sandy has said, you need to enter Factory SP mode. It is a different code.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    No.
    As I said, the mode you need is in "Factory SP"
    +1 as sandy said factory sp mode you are in service sp mode its different login code
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C307 locked

I sent him a private message with factory mode instructions, he said it worked, he's all fixed.