Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MPC 307 multiple prints come out different calibration

Hi all,
    I just installed a refurbished 307 that checked over myself all working ok.
    Customer printed off 2 copies of the same document, fulirst page comes out bormal but second page is 6mm higher and cuts off the writing. If he prints 5 of it, first page always fine but every page after is 6mm higher again. Same thing happens from both trays, multiple PCs, different applications and software on windows pc. Happens to photocopying as well. Have checked non default data conpared to birth certificate. Pretty much all the same. Changed a couple of settings in SP mode Feed but none make a difference. Seems to be a timing issue on anything after first page. Latest firmware installed.
    machine was tested, colours calibrated etc as well.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by JayPaul; 09-15-2021 at 01:45 PM. Reason: More info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MPC 307 multiple prints come out different calibration

I would check your registration clutch. If it is slipping of no working, the paper timing will be wrong. Also check that paper size is set correctly everywhere on software and machine.

Also what happens if you print a multiple page internal report like the SMC ?

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

All still set to A4 via machine and drivers.
    When I print smc data, first page comes out fine (even duplex) and the rest of the pages come out 6mm off, so it actually cuts off the top or bottom line of text because smc pages writing goes really close to the edges of the page as standard.
    So it does it on any form of printing or copying. Always first piece of paper fine, every page after 6mm out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    All still set to A4 via machine and drivers.
    When I print smc data, first page comes out fine (even duplex) and the rest of the pages come out 6mm off, so it actually cuts off the top or bottom line of text because smc pages writing goes really close to the edges of the page as standard.
    So it does it on any form of printing or copying. Always first piece of paper fine, every page after 6mm out
    That basically confirms that you have a registration clutch issue. as the timing between the pages (after page 1) and the drum is off, because the registration roller is not keeping the subsequent pages in place until the drum is at the right point for the image to start.

Replace your reg clutch and retest. I'm sure you will win this one!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Not the best thing to have to do to a machine I just installed today. I honestly have never seen this happen in 10 years so I thought it was something you would have to adjust in SP mode. Is this definitely what happens if reg clutch goes? It’s easier for me to just swap the machine for another 307 I have. Then bring the dud back to my office to take apart. I’m guessing it’s a fiddly job to do on a machine of that size?

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

+1 on it being the registration clutch. Had to do one last month. Device was fairly new with about 10k total prints.

Wanted to use 305 parts because the 305 gearbox and clutch look the same but it isn't interchangeable with 307. One has straight cut gears and the other helical gears. On closer inspection it looks like there was too much grease applied to gearbox in factory so took a chance and sprayed the clutch with some Automotive brake and clutch cleaner I carry with me to degrease it and it worked.

It's really not a quick job stripping the machine down to get to the clutch and I was swearing at the designers and the idiots that looked at the design and actually approved it all the way.

Found it strange that the device didn't jam at all even when some of prints only started printing about a 1/3 of the way down the page

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 8T2; 09-15-2021 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Sorry last edit

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Not the best thing to have to do to a machine I just installed today. I honestly have never seen this happen in 10 years so I thought it was something you would have to adjust in SP mode. Is this definitely what happens if reg clutch goes? It’s easier for me to just swap the machine for another 307 I have. Then bring the dud back to my office to take apart. I’m guessing it’s a fiddly job to do on a machine of that size?
    Yes a bit time consuming to get to this clutch have to take a few boards of to access it is covered in the service manual.

Maybe it has become dislodged during transport/delivery.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Sounds like changing that is my only choice then. I guess it must be AX200337 and cost a delightful £88 which seems very excessive. Shame it isn't the same as a 305 as that is what I just took out of that customers! I can see it is a different part number.
    Cheers for that, although still open to other ideas as I won't have time to take it apart for a couple of days yet (after it is brought back to my office tomorrow)
    I'll update on here if it worked or not once I am done

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like changing that is my only choice then. I guess it must be AX200337 and cost a delightful £88 which seems very excessive. Shame it isn't the same as a 305 as that is what I just took out of that customers! I can see it is a different part number.
    Cheers for that, although still open to other ideas as I won't have time to take it apart for a couple of days yet (after it is brought back to my office tomorrow)
    I guess you checked the reg roller turns freely etc if not you could try lubricating /oiling the bushings if its stiff to turn.

Traffic was busy today with the boat show on.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

That would be the one. Had a hard time believing the boss man when he told me what it costs (even more expensive this side of the world). If you don't have one in stock I'm fairly confident you can get away with cleaning the clutch. It's unfortunately one of the stupid clutches that are pressed and still haven't successfully opened one so a spray is the best tool for the job

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk