Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Shift Tray overrides Rotate Sort?

MP C3504 w/shift tray (SH3070)

I spent awhile trying to get documents to print out with rotate sort for one of my customers...wouldn't work no matter what I tried.

I tested it on a different machine at my office and the same thing, I wondered the whole time if the shift tray feature (in that it collates it itself) was overriding the rotate sort feature. So I removed the shift tray and just put a normal tray on and right away it collated with rotate sort (SEF and LEF). This is what my customer wants, not the sets to be the same orientation but just offset by a little, they specifically want the rotate feature.

So do I just need to remove their shift tray and install a normal tray, or is there something simple like a setting I am missing?

Not a big deal but thought maybe someone would find this helpful/interesting.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Shift Tray overrides Rotate Sort?

Write it up and submit to Ricoh through your regional tech rep. They might need to do a firmware update.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    MP C3504 w/shift tray (SH3070)

I spent awhile trying to get documents to print out with rotate sort for one of my customers...wouldn't work no matter what I tried.

I tested it on a different machine at my office and the same thing, I wondered the whole time if the shift tray feature (in that it collates it itself) was overriding the rotate sort feature. So I removed the shift tray and just put a normal tray on and right away it collated with rotate sort (SEF and LEF). This is what my customer wants, not the sets to be the same orientation but just offset by a little, they specifically want the rotate feature.

So do I just need to remove their shift tray and install a normal tray, or is there something simple like a setting I am missing?

Not a big deal but thought maybe someone would find this helpful/interesting.
    I think that's the point of a shift tray to shift not rotate. Use without shift tray
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    I think that's the point of a shift tray to shift not rotate. Use without shift tray
    100% x 2!
    ....You can't rotate sort with a finisher either, for the same reason...it makes rotate sort redundant

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Is "Rotate Sort - Auto Paper Continue" enabled in the system tab of Printer Features? I've had random stuff caused by that setting before.