Technician

Ricoh MPC4503 Print registration

I just installed a Ricoh MPC4503 for a customer who had an MPC3502 previously. Now, when they are printing one or two sided brochures on the 4503, the image is not centered and part of the image will be omitted on the left and right edges of a landscape print. The kicker is, when I try the same artwork at my office and on the customer's old 3502 the document prints perfectly. I tried matching all the margin settings in the 4503 user tools that I got from the two working machines in my office to no avail. The 4503 continues to give non centered printing. Any thoughts?

Re: Ricoh MPC4503 Print registration

I'll just go straight to something basic before people offer advice that is more complex. Is there paper definitely in the middle of the trays paper guides? What I mean is, on the 03 models sometimes they slip out of place. To check it, you take the paper out of the tray, slide the guide to the middle so it is hitting against the lift plate, the other guide should also hit the lift plate at the same time. If one hits and the other doesn't, turn the tray upside down, 1 screw in the middle of white gear, push both guides against lift plate then screw the white gear back in again. Sounds very basic like I said but have seen this happen a lot on that model machine.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    I'll just go straight to something basic before people offer advice that is more complex. Is there paper definitely in the middle of the trays paper guides? What I mean is, on the 03 models sometimes they slip out of place. To check it, you take the paper out of the tray, slide the guide to the middle so it is hitting against the lift plate, the other guide should also hit the lift plate at the same time. If one hits and the other doesn't, turn the tray upside down, 1 screw in the middle of white gear, push both guides against lift plate then screw the white gear back in again. Sounds very basic like I said but have seen this happen a lot on that model machine.
    This is a good start and if the tray is centred my next step would be setting margins in user tools to default and printing the erase margin internal test print on each tray to see if registration is out. Too many people do full memory clear to try and solve some unrelated issue and never bother setting registration again afterwards.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

THe setting you need to change is not in User Tools. It is part of the Copy Function screen. Once you find and change it, you have to use the Program button and save as Default.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Have anyone performed an 'all clear' before you delivered this machine, perhaps while preparing it for a new client etc?

If so you will need to re-enter the setting from the birth certificate.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Have anyone performed an 'all clear' before you delivered this machine, perhaps while preparing it for a new client etc?

If so you will need to re-enter the setting from the birth certificate.

His problem is because of a factory default for duplex. They add a 5mm offset to the back side to allow room for hole punching and stapling without taking out portions of the text. First time I saw this was on an Aficio 551. Used to be a User Tools setting but they moved it to one of the functions screen setting.