Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    St George, UT
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Ricoh MP-c3503, with firmware of System 1.24, Print 1.17.
    Purchased used and self maintaining.
    I found the Ricoh Firmware Update Tool. I was so excited because it was for end users to update the firmware. Thank you Laud Jesus.
    But when I ran it I got this message:
    "Cannot Update because it contains a custom module"
    I ain't got no stinkin' custom modules
    Drat
    I looked at the added software and the only thing was a Java App. I uninstalled it. Rebooted, closed and opened the tool again and it still has the same message in the "Need Update" Column.

    Am I just beating my head against a wall hoping to find a way to update the firmware on this machine?
    Or is there some way that I can get this machine "adjusted" to accept the Ricoh Firmware Update Tool?
    Or is there a firmware farm that grows firmware that can be harvested for the c3503?

  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,833
    Rep Power
    446

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Are you positive that the C3503 does not contain Custom Firmware? There are a lot of industry specific customizes firmware modules. The only way to know is to print the installed firmware list and compare it to the latest firmware history.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    St George, UT
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    I'm old enough to know I cannot be "positive" about anything. I bought it used.

    Does anyone have a printout of the entire list from a recent Firmware? Or can someone tell me if any of these in the list are Custom?

    This is the printout from My Printer, and attached The latest firmware history, according to Ricoh support page about the Firmware Update tool
    Module Name Version Part Number Version 1.0 Version 1.01 Version 1.02
    System/Copy 1.24 CS13737 3.29 3.31
    Network Support 12.82.1 D1475567W 13.04.2
    Fax 11.00.00 D1475557S
    RemoteFax 04.00.00 D1475558H
    Scanner 01.15 D1475560S 02.32
    Web Support 1.13 D1475561R 2.11 2.12
    Web Uapl 1.00.5 D1475562H 2.05 2.06
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    NetworkDocBox 1.08 D1475568L 2.13
    Printer 1.17 D1655701W 2.24 2.25
    RPCS 3.13.29 D1655703J
    Font EXP 1.00 D1475581
    PCL 1.22 D1655706Q
    PCL Font 1.13 D6415758A
    PDF 1.06 D1655733F 1.09
    PS3 Font 1.11 D6415763A
    Java VM v11 std 11.38.01 D1475564B
    Data Erase Onb 1.03m D3775913
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1475554E
    Engine 1.40:08 D1475504D 1.42:08 1.43:08
    OpePanel 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG0 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG1 1.10 D1471438J
    ADF 01.320:03 D7795300K
    Finisher 01.230:04 D6865301M

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,440
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by owelesstax View Post
    I'm old enough to know I cannot be "positive" about anything. I bought it used.

    Does anyone have a printout of the entire list from a recent Firmware? Or can someone tell me if any of these in the list are Custom?

    This is the printout from My Printer, and attached The latest firmware history, according to Ricoh support page about the Firmware Update tool
    Module Name Version Part Number Version 1.0 Version 1.01 Version 1.02
    System/Copy 1.24 CS13737 3.29 3.31
    Network Support 12.82.1 D1475567W 13.04.2
    Fax 11.00.00 D1475557S
    RemoteFax 04.00.00 D1475558H
    Scanner 01.15 D1475560S 02.32
    Web Support 1.13 D1475561R 2.11 2.12
    Web Uapl 1.00.5 D1475562H 2.05 2.06
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    NetworkDocBox 1.08 D1475568L 2.13
    Printer 1.17 D1655701W 2.24 2.25
    RPCS 3.13.29 D1655703J
    Font EXP 1.00 D1475581
    PCL 1.22 D1655706Q
    PCL Font 1.13 D6415758A
    PDF 1.06 D1655733F 1.09
    PS3 Font 1.11 D6415763A
    Java VM v11 std 11.38.01 D1475564B
    Data Erase Onb 1.03m D3775913
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1475554E
    Engine 1.40:08 D1475504D 1.42:08 1.43:08
    OpePanel 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG0 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG1 1.10 D1471438J
    ADF 01.320:03 D7795300K
    Finisher 01.230:04 D6865301M
    That's a custom F/W part number for System/ copy.
    Don't know much about them either, but it's obvious by the number

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    St George, UT
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Okay, so the very first firmware item "System/Copy" is not standard, and if you know what you are looking for the part number starts with CS instead of a D.
    Can I "Decustomize" (Or D Standardize) that particular item? Can I install a D part number somehow to bring it in line with the Firmware Install Tool?

    Or the question still stands, is there a reliable Firmware update somewhere in the universe that could be manually installed?

  6. #6
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,833
    Rep Power
    446

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by owelesstax View Post
    I'm old enough to know I cannot be "positive" about anything. I bought it used.

    Does anyone have a printout of the entire list from a recent Firmware? Or can someone tell me if any of these in the list are Custom?

    This is the printout from My Printer, and attached The latest firmware history, according to Ricoh support page about the Firmware Update tool
    Module Name Version Part Number Version 1.0 Version 1.01 Version 1.02
    System/Copy 1.24 CS13737 3.29 3.31
    Network Support 12.82.1 D1475567W 13.04.2
    Fax 11.00.00 D1475557S
    RemoteFax 04.00.00 D1475558H
    Scanner 01.15 D1475560S 02.32
    Web Support 1.13 D1475561R 2.11 2.12
    Web Uapl 1.00.5 D1475562H 2.05 2.06
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    NetworkDocBox 1.08 D1475568L 2.13
    Printer 1.17 D1655701W 2.24 2.25
    RPCS 3.13.29 D1655703J
    Font EXP 1.00 D1475581
    PCL 1.22 D1655706Q
    PCL Font 1.13 D6415758A
    PDF 1.06 D1655733F 1.09
    PS3 Font 1.11 D6415763A
    Java VM v11 std 11.38.01 D1475564B
    Data Erase Onb 1.03m D3775913
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1475554E
    Engine 1.40:08 D1475504D 1.42:08 1.43:08
    OpePanel 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG0 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG1 1.10 D1471438J
    ADF 01.320:03 D7795300K
    Finisher 01.230:04 D6865301M
    The part number for the production version of the v1.24 System/Copy should be D1475575C. You will need to reload the production version. Package firmware most likely will not work for the same reason that the tool won't work. PM me with an email address if you need the the individual module firmware for that v1.24. You may also need to talk to your regional rep as there may be additional steps needed to remove custom firmware.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,239
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by owelesstax View Post
    I'm old enough to know I cannot be "positive" about anything. I bought it used.

    Does anyone have a printout of the entire list from a recent Firmware? Or can someone tell me if any of these in the list are Custom?

    This is the printout from My Printer, and attached The latest firmware history, according to Ricoh support page about the Firmware Update tool
    Module Name Version Part Number Version 1.0 Version 1.01 Version 1.02
    System/Copy 1.24 CS13737 3.29 3.31
    Network Support 12.82.1 D1475567W 13.04.2
    Fax 11.00.00 D1475557S
    RemoteFax 04.00.00 D1475558H
    Scanner 01.15 D1475560S 02.32
    Web Support 1.13 D1475561R 2.11 2.12
    Web Uapl 1.00.5 D1475562H 2.05 2.06
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    NetworkDocBox 1.08 D1475568L 2.13
    Printer 1.17 D1655701W 2.24 2.25
    RPCS 3.13.29 D1655703J
    Font EXP 1.00 D1475581
    PCL 1.22 D1655706Q
    PCL Font 1.13 D6415758A
    PDF 1.06 D1655733F 1.09
    PS3 Font 1.11 D6415763A
    Java VM v11 std 11.38.01 D1475564B
    Data Erase Onb 1.03m D3775913
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1475554E
    Engine 1.40:08 D1475504D 1.42:08 1.43:08
    OpePanel 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG0 1.10 D1471438J
    LANG1 1.10 D1471438J
    ADF 01.320:03 D7795300K
    Finisher 01.230:04 D6865301M
    "System/Copy 1.24 CS13737" this is custom firmware, most likely the previous owners of your machine has a solution loaded.

    All you need to do is update the system/copy manually via CD card then you'll be able to use the firmware tool.

    Contact us at the links below you you need this.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    St George, UT
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The part number for the production version of the v1.24 System/Copy should be D1475575C. You will need to reload the production version. Package firmware most likely will not work for the same reason that the tool won't work. PM me with an email address if you need the the individual module firmware for that v1.24. You may also need to talk to your regional rep as there may be additional steps needed to remove custom firmware.
    I Live in an area that has no Ricoh Service within a couple hundred miles. So I was hoping to get this resolved in house.



    But I know more, so the next time I buy a used machine, I'll want to make sure there are no custom Firmware modules installed.

    Thanks,

    And if anyone has input on how to remove custom firmware, in order to install stock firmware, I'd be delighted to get your input.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,440
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by owelesstax View Post
    And if anyone has input on how to remove custom firmware, in order to install stock firmware, I'd be delighted to get your input.
    2 solutions have been generously explained and offered immediately above your last post

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,833
    Rep Power
    446

    Re: Ricoh Firmware Update Tool!! Oh wait, it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    2 solutions have been generously explained and offered immediately above your last post
    Sandy I've emailed him what he needs this morning.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here