Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Toolbag recommendation

Toolbag recommendation

I don't normally brag on things I've purchased, but this toolbag is an exception. I went to a softside case a few years ago, and I still really like this one. It has been tossed, dropped, and generally treated rough since I got it. It has no rips or tears, and the zippers work good as new.. It is so heavy with all the crap I carry in it I would have thought the shoulder strap and/or the strap eyelets would have failed by now, but not so. Good techy product, well worth $55.

ProTechPak, Black #99200 | ToolPak
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Toolbag recommendation

I've given up on them all. Constantly break. I now use a tool roll and it's last years without a single bust stitch or bit of damage.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I don't normally brag on things I've purchased, but this toolbag is an exception. I went to a softside case a few years ago, and I still really like this one. It has been tossed, dropped, and generally treated rough since I got it. It has no rips or tears, and the zippers work good as new.. It is so heavy with all the crap I carry in it I would have thought the shoulder strap and/or the strap eyelets would have failed by now, but not so. Good techy product, well worth $55.

ProTechPak, Black #99200 | ToolPak

Nice 1. Thanks for the heads up.

I've personally used a Christensens toolbag for over 15 years now. Everything still works 100%

Technician
    Toolbag recommendation

I have been using a medium size ABS case from Crawford Tool for decades. After several years the handle wore through, and they supplied me with a replacement. A few years later, one latch wore out. Although they don't list them on their website, it took one phone call to obtain replacements.
    Crawford Tool
    ...Lorenzo

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR Skewing View Post
    I have been using a medium size ABS case from Crawford Tool for decades. After several years the handle wore through, and they supplied me with a replacement. A few years later, one latch wore out. Although they don't list them on their website, it took one phone call to obtain replacements.
    Crawford Tool
    ...Lorenzo
    Wow! Just checked out this website and I'm really really really loving it. They have a awesome range of everything! Wow!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Toolbag recommendation

Thanks for the heads up with the Crawford tool site, I had never heard of them. Lots of pro stuff there.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Here in South Africa we used to support Christensen Tools who sold the CK line of tools can cases.

Well made things, but the exchange rate is a real bugger.

We switched to Stanley Fat Max tool backpacks and use Mastercraft tools -which seem to take the beating well, especially the phillips heads being used in dev covered units all day, are holding up well. Best of all is, they don't cost half of CK!

Also Mastercraft is sold by all the big box stores in the Wallmart group, so if you break or lose one, you can always replace it cheaply and easily!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Here in South Africa we used to support Christensen Tools who sold the CK line of tools can cases.

Well made things, but the exchange rate is a real bugger.

We switched to Stanley Fat Max tool backpacks and use Mastercraft tools -which seem to take the beating well, especially the phillips heads being used in dev covered units all day, are holding up well. Best of all is, they don't cost half of CK!

Also Mastercraft is sold by all the big box stores in the Wallmart group, so if you break or lose one, you can always replace it cheaply and easily!
    Hi, I'm from South Africa as well. Got a Christensens toolbag and CK Philips screwdriver for over 15 years. Toolbag still goes ok but the screwdriver cams out alot. Looking to replace the screwdriver currently

This bag really impressed me and even the supplier. Showed them the condition of my bag when i went to get a new one after 3 years it looked rough but zips and stitching held up real well. Its been said that i am hard on things.

Very practical layout, having it on your back frees you up to lug more boxes around with you.

http://www.ck-magma.com/products/technicians-rucksack

technicians-rucksack-MA2631C.jpg
    Last edited by allan; 09-28-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Hi, I'm from South Africa as well. Got a Christensens toolbag and CK Philips screwdriver for over 15 years. Toolbag still goes ok but the screwdriver cams out alot. Looking to replace the screwdriver currently

Hey also from ZA. In Durban I like shopping at Christensen they got a PH2 X 300 for Around 60 Rand! don't remeber the brand but its my spare that stays in the car. That is where i get got my tool bag. AAW electronics is also good to get Wiha tools.

Around Johannesburg Hot Tools is a good supplier. Get my Mr Mckenic sray from them.

For 3M Katun compatible type 2 vacuum filters Copifax in New Germany is ok.
    Whatever