Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Screwdriver of choice - Ricoh

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One thing about Ricoh, they always have a lot of hex head screws that tend to fall off even a magnetized #2 Phillips. Therefore a magnetized 5.5mm nut driver is a must.
    Hex Nut Driver Strong Magnetic Head Hollow Shaft Lengthened Sleeve Screwdriver Red Plastic Handle Bit Holding Screwdriver(5.5mm) - - Amazon.com
    That's something else I've been meaning to get. Something I wanted to know, I believe the Ricoh machines take a 5.5mm nut driver, is it the same for the smaller screws like those that go on the MP201 and the larger screws that go on the MP6500 or are 2 different size nut drivers required and if so what sizes?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    I've used for years and think the best
    Snap on ratchet long and short shafts and 5.5mm magnetic nut driver
    Snap on is an excellent brand. Prices are a bit hectic but it's an excellent investment

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    How was your wera screwdriver? I hear that it's 1 of the better screwdrivers out there but I'm not sure how good it is for photocopier technical repairs
    Mine is Wera Kraftform plus. Lasertip gives very good grip even on small screws. It's not JIS standard though that's why I consider Vessel.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

That's something else I've been meaning to get. Something I wanted to know, I believe the Ricoh machines take a 5.5mm nut driver, is it the same for the smaller screws like those that go on the MP201 and the larger screws that go on the MP6500 or are 2 different size nut drivers required and if so what sizes?
    The lengths of the screws may be different, but the head is the same size. Years ago I had one of the 5.5mm Ames Supply screwdrivers, which was the most reliable one I've ever had. Left it at a customer and never figured out which one so I've had to make due with a few others since then, going to check the recommendations here since the magnets in my current set are far too weak.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Screwdriver of choice - Ricoh

THe only thing that I have encountered that uses a different size than 5.5mm is the Plockmatic. A number of different thread sizes and types but all 5.5mm heads.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The lengths of the screws may be different, but the head is the same size. Years ago I had one of the 5.5mm Ames Supply screwdrivers, which was the most reliable one I've ever had. Left it at a customer and never figured out which one so I've had to make due with a few others since then, going to check the recommendations here since the magnets in my current set are far too weak.

Ames Supply/West coast Platen does have a new website but are mainly parts and refurbished machine for a few printer lines. No tools that I can see. West Coast Platen

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

THe only thing that I have encountered that uses a different size than 5.5mm is the Plockmatic. A number of different thread sizes and types but all 5.5mm heads.
    Thanks. This is really helpful. Need to get 1of these as well

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

On all Ricoh devices all you really need and what I carry is the following,

PH2 Phillips head in both 100mm and 200mm blade lengths

5.5mm Hex head (nut drive) in both 100mm and 200mm blade lengths

I use Wiha which is made in Germany. Had them for 17 years and haven't failed once. Awesome piece of kit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have to keep a separate Dr bag tool kit for Plockmatic, everything is different.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post

+1 on Ames

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk