Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,053
    Rep Power
    40

    MP2501sp - SC520

    Good day all

    Here is a strange one.

    MP2501sp service call gets phoned in (have not gone there yet) reporting SC520.

    Service manual says REGISTRATION MOTOR LOCK?

    Machine does not have a registration motor - but a clutch, same as MP2000SP??

    Has anyone come across this one before and what was the fix?

    Thanks in advance.
    Press the GREEN button!!

  2. #2
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Harare
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    I had one which had a seized PCU. The developer leaked on to the registration bushing (AA082177 BUSHINGIA8:22) and the registration roller could not rotate. I serviced the machine and replaced the PCU. You may want to check this.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2501sp - SC520

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    652
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Good day all

    Here is a strange one.

    MP2501sp service call gets phoned in (have not gone there yet) reporting SC520.

    Service manual says REGISTRATION MOTOR LOCK?

    Machine does not have a registration motor - but a clutch, same as MP2000SP??

    Has anyone come across this one before and what was the fix?

    Thanks in advance.
    I think it refers to the main engine: 29.AX060502
    DC BRUSHLESS M
    OTOR: MAIN: 24.7W faulty, in case you don't solve with Nokktekk's suggestion.

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,902
    Rep Power
    449

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Whatever motor drives the registration locks when the registration clutch turns on.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,053
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Feedback:

    Turns out the gear in the dev tank that sits between the mag roller and the augers, decided to vacate its location and lodge firmly between the auger gears - hence the motor lock error.

    New dev tank solved the issue.

    Thanks all for the quick replies. Appreciate it greatly.
    Press the GREEN button!!

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Feedback:

    Turns out the gear in the dev tank that sits between the mag roller and the augers, decided to vacate its location and lodge firmly between the auger gears - hence the motor lock error.

    New dev tank solved the issue.

    Thanks all for the quick replies. Appreciate it greatly.
    Bit of a common fault on these machines. Hopefully you were able to replace the entire developer tank and not just the gears. The bushings that hold the developer in, have a tendency of leaking with age and wear and tear.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,053
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Bit of a common fault on these machines. Hopefully you were able to replace the entire developer tank and not just the gears. The bushings that hold the developer in, have a tendency of leaking with age and wear and tear.
    Yup the dev tank was toast....

    Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kzn
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: MP2501sp - SC520

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Yup the dev tank was toast....

    Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
    Excellent stuff polar bear 🐻.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here