Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

Re: Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

Good day slimslob,

Before I go onsite to work on the Unit I would like to know if I may benefit in updating the Firmware.

Speaking to client over the phone, I had them test a MP 305+ for Scan to eMail which did function.

When I walked them through a Scan to eMail on the MP 3351 I was able to determine the following:

1. The "100%" came down to "99%" and never recovers without a Complete Turn Off then On.

2. The message "Processing" never clears from the bottom of the Touch Screen, unless you perform Complete Turn Off and On.

3. If One elects to cancel the Scan to eMail Job from the Job List, One can not Select it because it is in a state of being Grayed Out.

4. The Blue LED data light on the left side on the Control Pane never stops blinking unless One Completely Turns the machine Off then On.

For the moment I would like to know if there are more current Firmware files available for the ones I listed so I can have the MP 3351 up to date.

If you can confirm to me if the List of Firmwares I stated are current or are have they been replaced ?

Thank you slimslob & have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For a firmware update to be necessary to correct a problem that suddenly appears something has to have changed. If you update all the firmware to the latest and the problem still exists are you finally going to do some actual trouble shooting?

You did not say if they got any error message or if you have actually tested it. When you do go there and test it, after it fails immediately go into User Tools - System Settings - Interface Setting and Print Network Settings. The last page of the printout will have the error log that will show the actual internet error code. Usually a SMTP error.
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by delosangeles View Post
    Good day copier tech,

That is good to know, would you be able to confirm that the Firmware I listed are the most current?

Thanks for your input & have a great day.

Yes the files you listed are the latest.

What about your controller version?

GWFCU3-20(WW) D5105570E Ver.05.00.00
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

99.99% it’s something with the SMTP account, some new security settings, altered username or password.
    It is very rarely the box that fails, please read the error log in the webinterface, to get an idea what’s failing. Alternatively key in a well known SMTP test server.

good luck.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by delosangeles View Post
    Good day slimslob,

Before I go onsite to work on the Unit I would like to know if I may benefit in updating the Firmware.

Speaking to client over the phone, I had them test a MP 305+ for Scan to eMail which did function.

When I walked them through a Scan to eMail on the MP 3351 I was able to determine the following:

1. The "100%" came down to "99%" and never recovers without a Complete Turn Off then On.
    That just shows the the scanned image occupies less than 1% of the memory allocated for storing scanned documents and faxes.

2. The message "Processing" never clears from the bottom of the Touch Screen, unless you perform Complete Turn Off and On.
    The 3351 is attempting contact the SMTP server in order to send the document. At this point no error has occurred to be reported. It won't until the connection finally times out.

3. If One elects to cancel the Scan to eMail Job from the Job List, One can not Select it because it is in a state of being Grayed Out.

4. The Blue LED data light on the left side on the Control Pane never stops blinking unless One Completely Turns the machine Off then On.

For the moment I would like to know if there are more current Firmware files available for the ones I listed so I can have the MP 3351 up to date.
    You need to get your ass out to the customer before they call someone else. The first thing that you most likely need to do is change the network timeout to 30 seconds or less.

Lightbulb Re: Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

Good day copier tech,

Yes , The Controller was at Ver.02 ~ Call Completed ~

You really are Top Shelf.

Kind Regards & have a great week.
    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Yes the files you listed are the latest.

What about your controller version?

GWFCU3-20(WW) D5105570E Ver.05.00.00

Lightbulb Re: Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

As always SlimSlob you bring your "A" Game.

Client is Super Happy , I Completed the Call on friday.

Kind regards & have a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That just shows the the scanned image occupies less than 1% of the memory allocated for storing scanned documents and faxes.

[FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]

The 3351 is attempting contact the SMTP server in order to send the document. At this point no error has occurred to be reported. It won't until the connection finally times out.

[FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]

You need to get your ass out to the customer before they call someone else. The first thing that you most likely need to do is change the network timeout to 30 seconds or less.

Thanks for the input Zaxxon,

Have a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    99.99% it’s something with the SMTP account, some new security settings, altered username or password.
    It is very rarely the box that fails, please read the error log in the webinterface, to get an idea what’s failing. Alternatively key in a well known SMTP test server.

good luck.

8T2 , Thank you for all the input.

Have a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Everything is latest version except I don't see the scanner firmware available on octopus so can't confirm that one. System/Copy and Network firmware was last updated 2013/03/09

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

Something I have been using often for "networking" issues is when you try and scan to email and eventually get an error, Your going to want to log onto the WIM of the machine and look at the "Sys Log" under the networking group in the configuration settings. You can find all kinds of troubleshooting info there. I had a customer who kept having scan to folder errors and the IT refused to acknowledge they had the setting wrong. I logged onto the WIM, checked out the system log in the networking section and found "0xc000006D" which is a Microsoft SMB error code for wrong authentication credentials. I showed this to IT and then I get a " oh yeah, I forgot we changed that password" It took everything I had not to say " I TOLD YOU SO!" lmao...

to recap:
    *Log onto WIM,
    *go to "device management", click "configuration",
    *after page loads on the right hand side you will see "networking" a few links below one will be called "System Log",

*click on that and you will see a log pop up and you should see additional info relating to your scan to email issue.

you can take that info and do some research on that and get "closer" to a resolution. I had one log entry that kept saying it couldn't connect to the SMTP server... so... it may be a little bit of help, but i catch myself checking the log file more often than before on these networking calls. Oh and in my case I didn't have to log into the machine as ADMIN to see the system log either. Hope this helps you out!

Wink Re: Aficio MP 3351 ~ Current Firmware Version ? ~ Lost ability to scan to email

NICE!!!

Have a great week j2shortt.

Quote Originally Posted by j2shortt View Post
    Something I have been using often for "networking" issues is when you try and scan to email and eventually get an error, Your going to want to log onto the WIM of the machine and look at the "Sys Log" under the networking group in the configuration settings. You can find all kinds of troubleshooting info there. I had a customer who kept having scan to folder errors and the IT refused to acknowledge they had the setting wrong. I logged onto the WIM, checked out the system log in the networking section and found "0xc000006D" which is a Microsoft SMB error code for wrong authentication credentials. I showed this to IT and then I get a " oh yeah, I forgot we changed that password" It took everything I had not to say " I TOLD YOU SO!" lmao...

to recap:
    *Log onto WIM,
    *go to "device management", click "configuration",
    *after page loads on the right hand side you will see "networking" a few links below one will be called "System Log",

*click on that and you will see a log pop up and you should see additional info relating to your scan to email issue.

you can take that info and do some research on that and get "closer" to a resolution. I had one log entry that kept saying it couldn't connect to the SMTP server... so... it may be a little bit of help, but i catch myself checking the log file more often than before on these networking calls. Oh and in my case I didn't have to log into the machine as ADMIN to see the system log either. Hope this helps you out!