Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copytrust's Avatar

Image problem on a MP7001

Hey guys i am going yo need help on this one, the machine is a MP7001 has almost 4m copies all parts are geniune there is a strange distortion that is moving printing and copying.
    Here is what i have done so far. First i cleanned the drum with a brasso since we thought it was a humidity in the drum, next we plugged the 2 extra connectors in the power supply for extra heat ( my towh has a lot of humidity) since that didnt work we checked behind the machine in the drum drive mechanism everything was fine, we changed the machine warm up at 5 minutes still nothing, then we found something at my-ricoh (that was before it went down) there was an update with a similar problem and a few changes with in the program, still nothing. So as a final we changed the drum with a new one, the problem was gone for a 10 to 15k pages and then it came back. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Image problem on a MP7001

Quote Originally Posted by copytrust View Post
    Hey guys i am going yo need help on this one, the machine is a MP7001 has almost 4m copies all parts are geniune there is a strange distortion that is moving printing and copying.
    Here is what i have done so far. First i cleanned the drum with a brasso since we thought it was a humidity in the drum, next we plugged the 2 extra connectors in the power supply for extra heat ( my towh has a lot of humidity) since that didnt work we checked behind the machine in the drum drive mechanism everything was fine, we changed the machine warm up at 5 minutes still nothing, then we found something at my-ricoh (that was before it went down) there was an update with a similar problem and a few changes with in the program, still nothing. So as a final we changed the drum with a new one, the problem was gone for a 10 to 15k pages and then it came back. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    if the drum, you have already cleaned / replaced, and the heaters you have already connected .. try to replace the corona unit, and the ozone filters, and (clean the others too), the machine works a lot in a closed place, without windows?. ..then there are bulletins with sps to change, to improve the situation, but now I don't have them at hand...hai cambiato anche il developer?

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    if the drum, you have already cleaned / replaced, and the heaters you have already connected .. try to replace the corona unit, and the ozone filters, and (clean the others too), the machine works a lot in a closed place, without windows?. ..then there are bulletins with sps to change, to improve the situation, but now I don't have them at hand...hai cambiato anche il developer?

Thank you for your repply, the truth is the machine is working next to the main door of the copyshop, we have allready remove the ozon filters just for test purposes that didnt improve, and i thing you are talking about the bulletin i found on my-ricoh i have allready changes to sps ( if we are talking for the same bulletin i found).
    Do you thing the main charge can cause this problem? didnt thing about that.......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copytrust View Post
    Thank you for your repply, the truth is the machine is working next to the main door of the copyshop, we have allready remove the ozon filters just for test purposes that didnt improve, and i thing you are talking about the bulletin i found on my-ricoh i have allready changes to sps ( if we are talking for the same bulletin i found).
    Do you thing the main charge can cause this problem? didnt thing about that.......

the corona unit, is the source of a large number of problems on that model, I would suggest you replace it at least to try, put the filters back on, because their purpose is precisely to break down the ozone, without, it could be re -aspirated, and give weird problems (just like that), if you don't have new ones, try getting them from a newer machine

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I would recommend replacing the drum. Cleaning it with Brasso can actually make the problem worse. Also check the development rollers. If a black film has started to build up, it needs to be removed and new developer installed.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

As mentioned, probably a main charge issue. I have also seen this kind of stutter occur on these boxes when the main drive flywheel was removed or loose.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Laser shield glasses, even if it looks clean it can give weird images. Use some kind of solvent to get the toner smear of.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Laser shield glasses, even if it looks clean it can give weird images. Use some kind of solvent to get the toner smear of.
    Dry cloth.. then IPA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    As mentioned, probably a main charge issue. I have also seen this kind of stutter occur on these boxes when the main drive flywheel was removed or loose.

Thank you for your repply, we checked behind the machine everything was fine with the flyweel we also replace it just to be sure....

Ok so... i am going to put all the ozon filters back, i will replace the main corona unit from another machine and replace the drum and see what happens........ i will let you know