Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Image problem on a MP7001

Re: Image problem on a MP7001

Quote Originally Posted by copytrust View Post
    Ok so... i am going to put all the ozon filters back, i will replace the main corona unit from another machine and replace the drum and see what happens........ i will let you know
    Replace with new Genuine Ricoh parts or you are just importing other potential problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copytrust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Replace with new Genuine Ricoh parts or you are just importing other potential problems.

Thank you for that, cause of my age i am tired for new calls so i mostly 90% of the time i use genuines parts

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    if the drum, you have already cleaned / replaced, and the heaters you have already connected .. try to replace the corona unit, and the ozone filters, and (clean the others too), the machine works a lot in a closed place, without windows?. ..then there are bulletins with sps to change, to improve the situation, but now I don't have them at hand...hai cambiato anche il developer?
    Hai
    I had the same issue on Ricoh Mp7503,First replace the Drum and cleaning blade,
    secondly replaced the filter that is located between the drum unit and fuser unit.
    Your problem will be resolved.
    Good day

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
    Hai
    I had the same issue on Ricoh Mp7503,First replace the Drum and cleaning blade,
    secondly replaced the filter that is located between the drum unit and fuser unit.
    Your problem will be resolved.
    Good day
    Thank you for your answer i will also change the toner filter as you mentioned

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

SP-3-990-001 (fan rotation speed). Set this service mode to 1 and the customer does not turn off the machine at night. To me it has worked. You still have to update the firmware to the last version.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytrust View Post
    Hey guys i am going yo need help on this one, the machine is a MP7001 has almost 4m copies all parts are geniune there is a strange distortion that is moving printing and copying.
    Here is what i have done so far. First i cleanned the drum with a brasso since we thought it was a humidity in the drum, next we plugged the 2 extra connectors in the power supply for extra heat ( my towh has a lot of humidity) since that didnt work we checked behind the machine in the drum drive mechanism everything was fine, we changed the machine warm up at 5 minutes still nothing, then we found something at my-ricoh (that was before it went down) there was an update with a similar problem and a few changes with in the program, still nothing. So as a final we changed the drum with a new one, the problem was gone for a 10 to 15k pages and then it came back. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Can't use brass as this is a OPC brass use is for selenium type of drum
    Try new drum and brush
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorsg View Post
    SP-3-990-001 (fan rotation speed). Set this service mode to 1 and the customer does not turn off the machine at night. To me it has worked. You still have to update the firmware to the last version.

thanks! ... at the time I had thought about it ... but I had not found the sp, usually, on any model, if the sp is present, I always increase the operating time of the drum exhaust fan, just to avoid these kinds of jokes, and that of the fuser, to avoid deformation of the fuser covers, and paper guide...we have had a lot of problems in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorsg View Post

Thank you, thats the sp i changed i but i wasnt remember it well and yes the machine has all the new software udate.

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Can't use brass as this is a OPC brass use is for selenium type of drum
    Try new drum and brush

Actually you can, i am using it only if a drum has humidity problems to save it, most of the times works fine, i remember using brasso for selenium drums for cleaning purposes we had a lot of FT 6750. (what a headach those machines were.......jesus!!!)

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Just to clarify:

Is this darker area (compression?) crossfeed (A4) or in the feed direction (A4-R)?

If it's crossfeed (main-scan, A4) ... and I think it is ... we used to see something called "developer burn", in which the selenium drum coating was damaged by incorrect charge values or excessive internal heat, usually prematurely. In this case the band crossfeed would move around on the page. Does the anomaly stay in the same position relative to the leading edge? In that case, perhaps you have a fuser speed issue.

If it's in the feed direction (A4-R) that's an entirely different story. So which is it? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=