Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: mpc3002 scan to folder - cable versus wifi

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The problem there is if they have all their computers on DHCP they may not appreciate having to reboot all their computers, AGAIN.

If you get a customer who likes to change providers often with a different subnet causing you to have go out and reconfigure printing, what I used to do was set the MFP to DHCP and set the print port to use the printer host name instead of IP address.
    Indeed, hostname is very suitable if you encouter a full DHCP enviroment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: mpc3002 scan to folder - cable versus wifi

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Yup....Just ran into this yesterday as a matter of fact.
    It's (sort of) a new customer, small office of 3 -4 people and the owner just asked me if I would setup a new laptop to the Ricoh machine for printing. I couldn't get it to work, and then when I did an Ip config I realized that the wireless network was coming directly from the ISP's router, and they had another router/ switch. etc, hard-wired that had different credentials. All other PC's devices have hard-wired connections.
    There's was not set that way for security as far as I know, and it sort of surprised the owner, but explained some issue he's been having.
    He's got a (proper) IT person coming in to sort it out, because that's not me

Mark Bbb only refers to scanning being an issue which (I think) rules this issue out if printing is ok
    Sandmanmac: printing is ok. For testing here at our office i erased the driver and tried scanning: no problem! Even without gateway scan is succesfully! But DNS is needed. As someone mentioned here before, the ip range of a wifi or cabled NW is different. In the router (or firewall) the connection between them must be made. That will be your issue, probably.