Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sc 66x occurs - sp mode displayed in japanese

Has anyone came across this? I have a customer who has this on their IM C3000. I've replaced the BICU and the BCU, but still getting it even after resetting the SC code. When I go into SP Mode, i can click on system but can enter any values. rfg083871.pdf

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sc 66x occurs - sp mode displayed in japanese

Quote Originally Posted by RMC8112 View Post
    Has anyone came across this? I have a customer who has this on their IM C3000. I've replaced the BICU and the BCU, but still getting it even after resetting the SC code. When I go into SP Mode, i can click on system but can enter any values. rfg083871.pdf
    I can't respond to you based on experience, but which of the MANY 66x-xx codes are you getting, because there are very specific references listed in the SM based on the sub-code, and several different PCB's that could be the culprit -although there is no BCU on this machine, so I'm not sure what you actually replaced.
    Typically it seems to suggest replacing BICU / Imaging IOB / Paper transport IOB (in that order)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You've got the bulletin, why don't you just do what is says? Or do you lack the service manual?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

All the PDF says is to refer to the manual, they could put out a PDF for every code there is and it could just say the same thing...refer to the service manual.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    All the PDF says is to refer to the manual, they could put out a PDF for every code there is and it could just say the same thing...refer to the service manual.
    A couple of other things the TSB tells you:
    1. It tells you what is causing the error code.
    2. It is not an uncommon error. If it was they would not have put out a TSB.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I don't know if this will help, I've not come across it, but when anyone tells me of any strange issues they've had I write it down in a book, and one of my entries is...
    Japanese after BICU EPROM replacement, set SP5-807-001 to 2
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Usually I'd say marketing area/region isn't set right in SP - make shure to compare and adjust the values from the birth certificate - it might be the SP mentioned by Debs. Once you're at it: Please check if the serial number from the counter print matches to the MFP. Some SPs might be just possible to edit within factory SP (Yellow-1-4...).

That bulletin is interesting but I'm not shure if your case is perhaps more related to what happened during the board replacement *cough* - won't hurt to check and adjust the SPs according to that bulletin though..

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Based on the bulletin and what Debs posted, I would say that someone may have bent a pin on the BICU EPROM under when installing it. Doesn't hurt to check.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check all your flat cables/ harnesses going between boards. Maybe got bumped out of position during transport.

Did you pull the EEPROM from the Old BICU and install it into the new BICU?

If you replaced BICU, and did indeed swap the EEPROM over, then that leaves you with the IOB, or Paper Transport IOB that could be the issue, or possibly a harness not plugged in, or a flat cable not completely seated.
    Omertà

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

you put the nvram with zero count, without reloading the parameters of the birth certificate ?