MP7503 Will Stop During Job "Please Wait, Warming Up"

I have a MP 7503 in a school that has been stopping during print or copy jobs randomly throughout the day and saying "Please wait, Warming Up". After 5-10 min the machine will continue and finish the job. It does not log any SC codes either. I have updated the firmware, checked over the fuser, changed thermistors, and double checked all setting in user tools. I am at a loss here. Any suggestions?

The machine has under 350K and otherwise is working great.
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP7503 Will Stop During Job "Please Wait, Warming Up"

One if the 3 fusing lamps might be bad or disconnected.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Absolutely. I had it on other brand and this was due to either - bad fuser lamp, bad/corrupted HDD, trying to add toner wrongly judged. .
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Agreed with Slimslob. Take fuser unit out and check lamps. Also check thermistors and upper fuser roller/hot roller.

Also as the other Tech said, might be hard drive. Update firmware, check controller and hard drive.

Technician

[QUOTE = KeviM; 1932081] Đồng ý với Slimslob. Lấy bộ nhiệt áp ra và kiểm tra đèn. Đồng thời kiểm tra các điện trở nhiệt và con lăn nhiệt áp trên / con lăn nóng.

Cũng như các Tech khác đã nói, có thể là ổ cứng. Cập nhật chương trình cơ sở, kiểm tra bộ điều khiển và ổ cứng. [/ QUOTE]
    test id sensor drum

RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

thermistors maybe not making full contact with hot roller??? or they could be covered in built up toner...... impeding the transmission of heat to the thermistor.. just spit balling tbh

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    I have a MP 7503 in a school that has been stopping during print or copy jobs randomly throughout the day and saying "Please wait, Warming Up". After 5-10 min the machine will continue and finish the job. It does not log any SC codes either. I have updated the firmware, checked over the fuser, changed thermistors, and double checked all setting in user tools. I am at a loss here. Any suggestions?

Remember the 03 thermistors are different to all the others ie mp7500/1/2 also the hot roller would be due at 350k to be replaced
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post

I would not like to go too far with the imagination, try to change the hdd, so much is a fast operation, otherwise I would opt for the psu or the card that powers the fuser lamps, whose high frequency transformer does not work properly (less power = more time )
    ....I do not know? maybe a cold solder on some psu-connector?