Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

MP 2852/3353 Drum Seal Part Numbers?

I have a couple of spare PCU's for these machines that I've been using to weed out the old Type 1027 PCU's. The only issue I have is that on some of these the seals at the base of the drum half or the foam around the mag roller on the development case top have started to separate or are just worn down.

Has anyone been able to find a part number for these pieces, or know of a valid one that will work? I've looked all the way back to the 3025, the first model to use a rebuildable PCU, and there's nothing listed for anything other than the toner seal on the development case, and that's no longer in the xx52 or xx53 series catalogues. I'd hate to have to order entire replacement PCU's when until now I've been able to build up off a new development case. These models are getting a little old now, but they've been reliable once the new style toner hopper and transfer bushings have been installed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP 2852/3353 Drum Seal Part Numbers?

If you are referring to the seals on the top of the lower development unit case around the developer augers, they should not be replaced. Ricoh put a bulletin out in March 2009 on the original models that had rebuild-able PCDU that the three screws on top of the DVU that holds it together should not be removed or loosened. In the January 2007 production of the PCDU they started painting the screws white. You need to replace the entire DVU case D120-3371. The case should be replaced after 3 PMs to prevent the development roller gears from stripping.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are referring to the seals on the top of the lower development unit case around the developer augers, they should not be replaced. Ricoh put a bulletin out in March 2009 on the original models that had rebuild-able PCDU that the three screws on top of the DVU that holds it together should not be removed or loosened. In the January 2007 production of the PCDU they started painting the screws white. You need to replace the entire DVU case D120-3371. The case should be replaced after 3 PMs to prevent the development roller gears from stripping.

Agree with Slimslob.

But If you are referring to the foam seals that are between the drum/cleaning unit and the developer unit which you see when you are changing the drum and cleaning blade then I don't know the part numbers .... But what I do is , I use some 3mm thick foam tape, cut it to shape and stick it in. Seems to work well for me.

All the best

I was hoping to find a replacement for the seal around the toner entrance where it mates up with the developer unit. I have several where this has come loose or is missing allowing toner to scatter.

I'll be in the office tomorrow so I'll try to get a photo of one of them.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

From the parts catalog for the 2550/3050/2851/3351 B209 3196 Shield Toner Supply Entrance.

If you want the ones for on top of the drum unit where the toner enters form the toner hopper you have to all the way back to the catalog for the 30025/3030/2510/3010. Interesting thing though is that the copy I have doesn't show the one between the PCU and the DVU.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

try this spare part, it is very similar, it just needs to be cut out
    AA15-3442 if still available ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IMG-20211019-WA0002.jpgIMG-20211019-WA0003.jpg

Saw this on AliExpress. This might be what you looking for.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    I have a couple of spare PCU's for these machines that I've been using to weed out the old Type 1027 PCU's. The only issue I have is that on some of these the seals at the base of the drum half or the foam around the mag roller on the development case top have started to separate or are just worn down.

Has anyone been able to find a part number for these pieces, or know of a valid one that will work? I've looked all the way back to the 3025, the first model to use a rebuildable PCU, and there's nothing listed for anything other than the toner seal on the development case, and that's no longer in the xx52 or xx53 series catalogues. I'd hate to have to order entire replacement PCU's when until now I've been able to build up off a new development case. These models are getting a little old now, but they've been reliable once the new style toner hopper and transfer bushings have been installed.
    I'm not sure if you are referring to those in the photo, or those on the drum, if they are those in the photo, I build them myself, cutting out a foam sheet purchased from the Chinese shop (there are many colors .. LOL), and then the double-sided tape, instead, if they are those of the drum, or you detach them from a replaced drum of any model, and then you cut them, or else you make them in foam, and you dirty them well with yellow toner, so they do not cook.

seal.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    IMG-20211019-WA0002.jpgIMG-20211019-WA0003.jpg

Saw this on AliExpress. This might be what you looking for.
    Those are the seals I'm looking for...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Those are the seals I'm looking for...
    Did you manage to order it ?