RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

7960 or 7-960 (system) SP mode IM 4000

So reading in the SM, it states this is the "estimated usage rate" for the PCU its at "11" and its measured in %.

My question is, what is this estimating exactly?" The service manual isnt very clear. I just may redo the training on using the SMC report to get a refresher.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: 7960 or 7-960 (system) SP mode IM 4000

The PM parts usage. It is much more accurate for predicting parts life than the PM Count. The PM Counters only count page clicks with no adjustments for page size, the PCDU and Fusing Unit run longer for Letter SEF than for LEF, and legal runs even longer. There is also run in and run out time, the time the engine is turning before lead edge of the paper gets to the registration roller. The more small jobs, the more run in and run out time. That the PM parts are getgting worn but nothing is being put on the paper.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The PM parts usage. It is much more accurate for predicting parts life than the PM Count. The PM Counters only count page clicks with no adjustments for page size, the PCDU and Fusing Unit run longer for Letter SEF than for LEF, and legal runs even longer. There is also run in and run out time, the time the engine is turning before lead edge of the paper gets to the registration roller. The more small jobs, the more run in and run out time. That the PM parts are getgting worn but nothing is being put on the paper.
    Great explanation Tim!
    I've been using a car analogy to explain PM's to my customers for some time now (City miles Vs. Highway miles) to help explain the PM cycle. It seems to make it more comprehensible for many of them
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 10-14-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Great explanation as always brother!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cool Re: 7960 or 7-960 (system) SP mode IM 4000

The PM parts usage. It is much more accurate for predicting parts life than the PM Count. The PM Counters only count page clicks with no adjustments for page size, the PCDU and Fusing Unit run longer for Letter SEF than for LEF, and legal runs even longer. There is also run in and run out time, the time the engine is turning before lead edge of the paper gets to the registration roller. The more small jobs, the more run in and run out time. That the PM parts are getting worn but nothing is being put on the paper.

So that's what Ricoh estimates the amount of parts this machine will use in its lifetime? not calculating for the things you mentioned here..
    cause i see 7-955/7995 states est. remaining pages....

I have a large (to me) fleet of machines (113 MFP's & 750+SFP's) I'm am overseeing, and since the machines are all brand spanking new I'm the only tech assigned to the account, and I'm trying to get a good view of usage estimates for my projected PM parts use for setting my parts inventory mid/max's. Its a large endeavor for me considering its for a regional healthcare organization and I'm a young and budding tech with 3 years experience. My learning curve is never sharper than being thrown to the wolves... which I'm ok with. I prefer to operate under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Great explanation Tim!
    I've been using a car analogy to explain PM's to my customers for some time now (City miles Vs. Highway miles) to help explain the PM cycle. It seems to make it more comprehensible for many of them
    This is how it was taught to me, and how I explain it to my end-users on my accounts.