Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question Yellow background on print outs

Good day

I have a MP C2011 which is producing copies and prints with a yellow background. I suspected that the toner is generic. But the client is 'claiming' that it is original. The PTR is has yellow toner on it. The Yellow PCDU has done 27k prints only. Please see attached pics. Has anyone ever encountered this issue?IMG_20211020_152946.jpgIMG_20211020_152957.jpgIMG_20211020_160642.jpgIMG_20211020_154936.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Yellow background on print outs

Quote Originally Posted by nokktekk View Post
    Good day

I have a MP C2011 which is producing copies and prints with a yellow background. I suspected that the toner is generic. But the client is 'claiming' that it is original. The PTR is has yellow toner on it. The Yellow PCDU has done 27k prints only. Please see attached pics. Has anyone ever encountered this issue?IMG_20211020_152946.jpgIMG_20211020_152957.jpgIMG_20211020_160642.jpgIMG_20211020_154936.jpg

I encouter issues like that every day lol. You can swap the drum unit between other colors and check if the problems stick with yellow or moves. Perhaps the drum unit is bad or he waste toner area by the cleaning blade is clogged.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

The PCDU will be 27k but that model is quite old. It is clear that the bottom comes from there.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Good day

I, I encountered this problem, change pcu, and developer unit at the same time, and clean the ID sensors.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

and clean the ITB foam roller.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Yellow background on print outs

Happens all the time!

There are bushings in the ITB unit that get really egged out (White and Black housings with a copper/ brass bushing in them). They are the bushings for a roller that sits over the yellow drum unit (not the Y transfer roller), it's a silver roller. When that gets egged out, it seems that the yellow unit starts dumping yellow toner everywhere. A lot of times there will be a noticeable squeak from those bushings also.

Something to check anyway.
    Omertà

Technician

The machine is in a fair condition. The mileage is 425k. The PCDU was fitted in January this year and has only done 27k.

Technician

[QUOTE=luca72;1941172]I, I encountered this problem, change pcu, and developer unit at the same time, and clean the ID sensors.[/QUOE]

They were changed at the same time.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Happens all the time!

There are bushings in the ITB unit that get really egged out (White and Black housings with a copper/ brass bushing in them). They are the bushings for a roller that sits over the yellow drum unit (not the Y transfer roller), it's a silver roller. When that gets egged out, it seems that the yellow unit starts dumping yellow toner everywhere. A lot of times there will be a noticeable squeak from those bushings also.

Something to check anyway.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and update you. I am thinking of taking a new PCDU (Y) for troubleshooting.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Yellow background on print outs

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and update you. I am thinking of taking a new PCDU (Y) for troubleshooting.
    If you install a new Y PCDU without fixing or replacing the ITB unit, you’re going to be right back to half life/ early failure for that new unit also!
    Omertà