Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh SP C261DNw Printer, how to get in Service Menu (and get rid of SC543)

After a paper jam my printer is stuck in error SC543.
    First I would like to reset the fuser-error, see if that helps but I can not get into the Service Menu. I have only the Printer, not the scanning-addition so no keypad. I already tried pressing the up-down-key but no luck. Also, there is no Smart Organizing Monitor in my printer driver settings available.
    Can someone help me out please?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP C261DNw Printer, how to get in Service Menu (and get rid of SC543)

Re: Ricoh SP C261DNw Printer, how to get in Service Menu (and get rid of SC543)

It is in the service manuals for older printers. What I can tell you is it is a matter of holding down 2 of the limited number of buttons for a set length of time. The 2 buttons depend on whether the machine is current powered on or if you are powering it on. You can try 2 of the arrow buttons while it is on and I think it is 6 or 7 seconds. That limits the number of trials.

Thanks for your suggestion. I already tried the 2 arrow buttons simultaneously several times but no effect. When starting the printer with the OK and BACK buttons it shows FM but I can't do anything then, not even turning it off, except pull the powerplug.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FP3 met Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Hi

Those printers had software that needed to be installed to access most features on it.

I am with the other poster on the arrows being held in for a set amount of time, so access service mode.

This printer looked like Samsung had a hand in it's design, which gave it strange quirks...
    Press the GREEN button!!