Thread: Ricoh imc300

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh imc300

I have had an issue with a new imc 300 DF that has high usage on scan.
    It comes up with a JOO1 code which on this machine is the DF reg sensor
    There are only 2 sensors on this DF 1 paper set sensor and 1 reg optical sensor.
    It can work perfectly well for 2 or 3 weeks then the reg optical sensor detects a jam and it wont clear at all even if I switch off completely it stil wont reset.
    If I take out the reg sensor carefully whilst switched on and brush the area where it shines through it clears.
    We have replaced the mc once and its had 3 new DFs complete and its the same fault on all 3 DFs and both mcs.
    I am suspecting there may be an issue with false jams on this model with high usage scans.
    Its a very clean environment and very good originals when I look in the DF there is no paper dust has anyone had this issue on imc 300 or imc 400.
    Its got the latest firmware on mc and DF and as I stress its the same on 2 mcs and 3 DFs
    This has been passed on to Ricoh who are investigating pls let me know if anyone has any ideas or has had the same problem

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: Ricoh imc300

If it's the same ADF as on the IM350 there's a big chance that the sensor actuator unclipped on the one side, ran into it the other day and thought it's a really stupid flimsy design

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh imc300

Common problem on doc feeders with a high scan usage, especially if the originals are older documents that are being brought out of physical storage and being scanned into electronic storage. Dust that has accumulated in the paper falls down on the sensors to the point where the sensor cannot recognize the trail edge of the paper. After the customer checks for the original jam and closes the cover it still see the dust and thinks there is an uncleared jam. If you check the jam history you will most not find any J001 jams listed. Instead you will find the number of the actual jam.

Usually it is a sensor that uses a black felt pad as a black reference for a reflective sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Common problem on doc feeders with a high scan usage, especially if the originals are older documents that are being brought out of physical storage and being scanned into electronic storage. Dust that has accumulated in the paper falls down on the sensors to the point where the sensor cannot recognize the trail edge of the paper. After the customer checks for the original jam and closes the cover it still see the dust and thinks there is an uncleared jam. If you check the jam history you will most not find any J001 jams listed. Instead you will find the number of the actual jam.

Usually it is a sensor that uses a black felt pad as a black reference for a reflective sensor.
    If there's a black reference pad I sometimes color it in with a Black Sharpie as sometimes blowing it or dusting it isn't enough.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have had = problem on 2 mpc3002's at the same location, in the same room!
    Static electricity was the issue, because the (beautiful) carpet loaded up the MFP user in such way that the static electricity uses the metal on the mfp to discharge, so disturbing the DF sensors!
    It helped when we put a large plastic plate on there carpet.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh imc300

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I have had = problem on 2 mpc3002's at the same location, in the same room!
    Static electricity was the issue, because the (beautiful) carpet loaded up the MFP user in such way that the static electricity uses the metal on the mfp to discharge, so disturbing the DF sensors!
    It helped when we put a large plastic plate on there carpet.
    Static can be a huge problem and troublesome to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Static can be a huge problem and troublesome to get rid of.
    Especially in hospitals with nurses wearing Nylon stockings...!!!!