Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ricoh MP2553 / 2352 / 2851 Squeak

Hi guys, I trust everyone is well

Got a bit of a problem. Was wondering if anyone has any solutions to this..

In a few of my Ricoh MP 2553 , 2352, 2851 there's a squeaking. It is coming from the fuser unit bearings. I've replaced the bearings with brand new originals but the problem comes back after about 2 weeks. Besides that the machines work fine.

Anyone got any solutions

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP2553 / 2352 / 2851 Squeak

What are you using to lubricate the bearings? Going all the way back to my days with the 5622/5627 series (AF 1022/1027) I've used Krytox and never heard a squeak out of a bearing.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2553 / 2352 / 2851 Squeak

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    What are you using to lubricate the bearings? Going all the way back to my days with the 5622/5627 series (AF 1022/1027) I've used Krytox and never heard a squeak out of a bearing.
    Agreed.
    Seems that his answer is in the question.
    There's NO mention of grease, so I wonder if he's actually even greasing the Hot roller shaft or just popping them in dry

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Hi guys, I trust everyone is well

Got a bit of a problem. Was wondering if anyone has any solutions to this..

In a few of my Ricoh MP 2553 , 2352, 2851 there's a squeaking. It is coming from the fuser unit bearings. I've replaced the bearings with brand new originals but the problem comes back after about 2 weeks. Besides that the machines work fine.

Anyone got any solutions

Thanks in advance
    the hot roller, did you change it, or just the bearings? ... the section may have shrunk at that point, if the roller its used, in conjunction with poor quality of the grease once it has dried...it could generate resonances, and therefore squeaks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I've installed brand new original hot roller and bearings. Squeak returned after about 2 weeks.

Prior to that it had a squeak and I sprayed some Q20 lubricant oil. It helps but very little

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I didn't grease it as it was brand new

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    I've installed brand new original hot roller and bearings. Squeak returned after about 2 weeks.

Prior to that it had a squeak and I sprayed some Q20 lubricant oil. It helps but very little
    just when it is new you have to put some grease, between the roller, and the bearing, no type of oil should be used, if you want some advice, after years of research, I recommend this in the photo, you can also find it on amazon, and it costs very little, the tube is small, and does not clutter the tool case, moreover it has a range of temperatures much higher than necessary, I am finding myself very well, so visible, it looks like the original ricoh grease

paste.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I think that lubricating the hot roller shaft does prevent annoying "knocking" sounds but no squeaking. In some cases the strippers or thermistors can cause weird noises. Also check the press roller + cleaning roller bushings.

Also check the surrounding parts, exit rollers, idle rollers etc...

@luca72

Interesting product. We use something rediculously more expensive - it works very well but I thin it costs 10x more. Do you have any long time experiences with that liquimoly stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I think that lubricating the hot roller shaft does prevent annoying "knocking" sounds but no squeaking. In some cases the strippers or thermistors can cause weird noises. Also check the press roller + cleaning roller bushings.

Also check the surrounding parts, exit rollers, idle rollers etc...

@luca72

Interesting product. We use something rediculously more expensive - it works very well but I thin it costs 10x more. Do you have any long time experiences with that liquimoly stuff?
    i also think as you say, about the noise, but honestly the grease there, i always put it, so not putting it or putting oil, it might as well squeaking (?), the product i have been using for about a year, on various models , for example on the metis, I fix the problem of (tac-tac-tac) from the fuser very well, first I tested the copper grease, but honestly, I found it a bit critical in use, it gets very dirty, and if you goes on pants (tried) does not go away anymore.
    this, the thing that struck me, and the texture, the color, looks just like the original ..... let me make a joke.... "light color, clean taste..it's Glen Grant!" .. LOL

paste2.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Always nice if the "knock off" can compete with the expensive stuff so mille grazie

I also tried copper crease once and agree with you 100%, next thing was silicone grease wich was ok at first but drying out to soon.