Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    PROC5100S lines on prints

Hi everyone,

Please could I have some assistance,

I have 2 PROC5100 machines and one is down at the moment but I constantly have an issue with the other with these lines coming across the page, it only happens when using 80gsm paper, so normally I use this machine to print on 250gsm where I have no issues and I use the one that is currently down to print 80gsm, so because of the circumstances I need to try and get the 250gsm machine to print on 80gsm without the lines (I hope this makes sense).

So I've replaced the following parts, C,M,Y,K PCDU's, transfer belt, I've taken these parts from the machine that prints perfectly on the 80gsm paper, the fuser belt, pressure roller and transfer roller is new. When these lines come up you can see it on the transfer roller that is why I replaced that first. I also tried picking the weight up to 81-106gsm but that doesn't seem to make a difference, the lines are sometimes cyan, magenta, yellow or black and are very intermittent, sometimes after 20 copies duplex, one page will have the lines and sometimes it could be after 100 pages duplex. It also happens on simplex, attached is a picture of what it looks like. Thank you for your assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: PROC5100S lines on prints

In the future try putting a magic marker arrow pointing to each line. Also please indicate what the direction on movement of the paper.

So I can only assume, and we all know what that can do, that you are referring to the two faint lines between the 2 sets of magic marker lines and that those lines are parallel to the paper movement. They could be fusing unit stripper lines. I would venture a guess that the fusing unit is due a PM rebuild and you did not swap fusing units with the other machine because it is why the other machine is down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In the future try putting a magic marker arrow pointing to each line. Also please indicate what the direction on movement of the paper.

So I can only assume, and we all know what that can do, that you are referring to the two faint lines between the 2 sets of magic marker lines and that those lines are parallel to the paper movement. They could be fusing unit stripper lines. I would venture a guess that the fusing unit is due a PM rebuild and you did not swap fusing units with the other machine because it is why the other machine is down.
    HI Slim, the pm on the fuser has recently been done, plus the lines were coming before the pm as well, I don't think it's the pawls as the paper is being fed in long edge and the lines are going down the page (sorry for not mentioning that part)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Chetty View Post
    HI Slim, the pm on the fuser has recently been done, plus the lines were coming before the pm as well, I don't think it's the pawls as the paper is being fed in long edge and the lines are going down the page (sorry for not mentioning that part)
    If the lines are evenly spaced down the page, measure the distance between them. That will be the diameter of what ever roller is causing the lines.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

If the lines are evenly spaced down the page, measure the distance between them. That will be the diameter of what ever roller is causing the lines.
    From his description it doesn't look like that slim. Seems it's related to faster processing speed when doing 80gsm.
    TS what will happen if you set machine for 250gsm paper but use 80gsm instead will it make those lines? Did you mean lines are visible on transfer belt when you say transfer roller?!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The diameter is the same as the paper transfer roller, but I've put in a brand new unit and also replaced the power supply for that roller

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    From his description it doesn't look like that slim. Seems it's related to faster processing speed when doing 80gsm.
    TS what will happen if you set machine for 250gsm paper but use 80gsm instead will it make those lines? Did you mean lines are visible on transfer belt when you say transfer roller?!
    I haven't tried running 80gsm paper and setting the machine on 250gsm, I did try 106gsm but that doesn't make a difference. The lines are shown on the paper transfer roller, this is still after I replaced the entire paper transfer unit which was brand new, and the entire transfer belt unit with all 4 pcdu's from the working machine that ran the 80gsm perfectly

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    It could be the PTR. I would think that if he sets it for 250gsm it might actually make the problem worse as the transfer current will be higher. Lowering the target transfer current for the 80gsm paper might work better.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It could be the PTR. I would think that if he sets it for 250gsm it might actually make the problem worse as the transfer current will be higher. Lowering the target transfer current for the 80gsm paper might work better.
    I will try with a lower current tomorrow and let you know the outcome, thanks Slim

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

If circumference is equal to PTR diameter it sounds reasonable to try different settings, agree.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.