Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 9002 error 672 - 01

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I think too, who knows how many hits the control panel has taken over the years? ... but even if the code means something else ... I would do a little quick test with the hdd ... it makes strange jokes on those models , I remember

someone with "superpowers" tricked me into making the text characters clear? ... LOL

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    someone with "superpowers" tricked me into making the text characters clear? ... LOL
    Sorry I didn't notice that there was text actually written in yoyr reply 😅
    Do you suggest formatting the HDD?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 9002 error 672 - 01

Quote Originally Posted by Amrss View Post
    I'm not trying to fix it myself at all. I just posted here to see if anyone got any ideas regarding the reason that's leading the machine to turn on once the cord is plugged, although the power switch is off.
    Not without there being a trained tech onsite.

Sorry I didn't notice that there was text actually written in yoyr reply ��
    Do you suggest formatting the HDD?
    the code belongs to the lack of communication between panel and controller, or intermittent signal, in the restart phase from standby, if I remember correctly, but on those models, it happened that the malfunction of the hdd generated sc codes also of that family, since it is faster to replace the disk than to disassemble the bodywork plastics, especially if you also have to find out how ..I would start from there, if you want to try to format it, I had years ago a spc810 that gave the sc code of failure of the hdd, then instead of throwing it, I formatted it at home, and it has been working for 15 years.

however if you have to try a test, you need to replace it with a brand new one, not one you had lying around

Technician

So we went out and replaced the controller board, the HDD (turned out to be dead), and the operational panel. Printing, copying, and scanning now all work, but unfortunately, we're still left with the power problem. The power switch isn't functioning at all, turning it off or on does absolutely nothing, and the machine turns on once we plug the power cord in regardless of the state of the power switch.
    One other thing, if the machine gets into standby mode, it won't wake-up and will show SC 672-02 after about a minute.
    Any suggestions?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

By power switch are you talking about the red/orange rocker switch under the flap on the upper left front of the machine? If so, it is most likely bad and needs to be replaced. Ricoh part No. 1204 2903

Those switches usually fail due to arcing. If the contacts have partially arced closed it could also be causing enough electrical noise to be affecting the energy saving function and causing the error code. If need be you can problem find an acceptable replacement as long as the mount, power raring and connections are the same.

Power noise can also affect NVRam, i.e. the firmware stored in memory. So once the switch is replaced you will need to reload all firmware. Use individual firmware modules and not package. Package only updates firmware that is not current and is unable to identify corrupted firmware. With individual firmware every module that you select will be replaced.

So we went out and replaced the controller board, the HDD (turned out to be dead), and the operational panel. Printing, copying, and scanning now all work, but unfortunately, we're still left with the power problem. The power switch isn't functioning at all, turning it off or on does absolutely nothing, and the machine turns on once we plug the power cord in regardless of the state of the power switch.
    One other thing, if the machine gets into standby mode, it won't wake-up and will show SC 672-02 after about a minute.
    Any suggestions?

the exact same thing happened to me a few months ago, on an mp6002, in the end we replaced it with a new 6503, because I was wasting too much time, I tried to replace everything, I was left with only the psu, only it was slightly different from the one from which I took the pieces to try here in the laboratory, in my opinion there are two faulty things, which must be replaced at the same time.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Any suggestions?
    Do you try to switch it off while the data is being transmitted?
    SC 672 could also signify the data pipeline being obstructed with device going into sleep or power off mode.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For the SC672 problem, overwrite all firmware, updating to the newest along the way.

Then look in user tools/admin settings for the sleep mode settings. there should be something to change from sleep to low power mode, that might help.

Last resort, sp5-305-101 set to 0 will set auto off timer so you can change it to 240 mins. also then you can set sleep mode off in user tools or auto off

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Update the firmware & JAVA is one suggestion.

SC 672 Error.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk