Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP C3004 - SC995-03

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    If you can send me a list of your current versions I can let you know if you need an update etc.

sales@copierfirmware.co.uk
    Ok, I'll do that tomorrow

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

With a functional machine you can also run the ricoh update tool wich requires an internet connection but is free:

RICOH Firmware Update Tool Downloads | Ricoh Global

It will detect if newer firmware is available and works with various models, even old buggers like MPC3001

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pixtech Frameworks View Post
    Ok, I'll do that tomorrow
    I've sent screenshot of my Gestetner mpc3503 firmware, if it requires update.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C3004 - SC995-03

I've sent screenshot of my Gestetner mpc3503 firmware, if it requires update.
    Hi,

Yes looking at your screen shot there are a few key modules that are outdated.

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

How do we know when filmwire needs update???
    When the problem is weird, like this.
    I upgrade the firmware when i'm able to, it is very easy with the Ricoh auto update tool , no more "romdata", SDcards, downloading...
    It should be part of an intervention.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Well unfortunately I got the dreaded call back that the code was back...

For the customer's sake I have replaced the unit and brought the bad one with the code to my shop for further diagnosing...although it may be awhile until I get around to it.

Unfortunately, although it usually does, I don't believe firmware worked in this case.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Well unfortunately I got the dreaded call back that the code was back...

For the customer's sake I have replaced the unit and brought the bad one with the code to my shop for further diagnosing...although it may be awhile until I get around to it.

Unfortunately, although it usually does, I don't believe firmware worked in this case.
    Hi ABS, I had a C3003 and then the replacement C3004 HD go into a format by itself. It would happen once every few months. It got to a point where that the customer knew how to reinstall the address book them self.
    The problem turned out to be high Ground to Neutral spikes. The outlet had over 3vac running between Ground to Neutral. Just something you may want to check if it comes back.

Good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Hi ABS, I had a C3003 and then the replacement C3004 HD go into a format by itself. It would happen once every few months. It got to a point where that the customer knew how to reinstall the address book them self.
    The problem turned out to be high Ground to Neutral spikes. The outlet had over 3vac running between Ground to Neutral. Just something you may want to check if it comes back.

Good luck
    I appreciate that I’ll definitely look into that. When I went back this past time, I decided to replace the HDD and that seemed to make it even worse for some reason, I got no response and just a red light. Not able to enter sp mode even through the side buttons on the SOP. So that’s when I decided to yank it and replace, I hope to solve the issue at my office as it was a fairly low meter 04. If I do I’ll be sure to report back.

I don’t like when people don’t report back what the solution was yet I know I’m guilty of this at times when I get busy and forget.

thanks all

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

IIIRC some units have problems with bad sata cables - saw a bulletin that was valid for a wide range of models.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I appreciate that I’ll definitely look into that. When I went back this past time, I decided to replace the HDD and that seemed to make it even worse for some reason, I got no response and just a red light. Not able to enter sp mode even through the side buttons on the SOP. So that’s when I decided to yank it and replace, I hope to solve the issue at my office as it was a fairly low meter 04. If I do I’ll be sure to report back.

I don’t like when people don’t report back what the solution was yet I know I’m guilty of this at times when I get busy and forget.

thanks all
    That could be a symptom when a firmware upgrade was interrupted f.i. when someone has printed...
    Was the latest firmware upgrade successful?